Carlos Carvalhal Appointed Head Coach - OFFICIAL

Guest _Ibbo_

as he managed porto ? if he as then i was wrong about having no form .

everyone saying whats in his background to make him succeed at swfc. 

lasting a full season at sporting is some going. Hes managed / coached arguably far far bigger clubs....

everyone saying whats in his background to make him succeed at swfc. 

lasting a full season at sporting is some going. Hes managed / coached arguably far far bigger clubs....

sporting maybe but that was for 6 months i dont see any others on his CV  that are bigger than us .......his last club averaged less than 3 k .

Maybe, just maybe, they've only just put it online because the guy who does the website updates has been busy doing something else?  Maybe they were ill?  Had some issues getting a quote in and signed off from Chansiri?  Maybe it took a while translating the quote?

They're only people - as long as it was put up pre-tomorrow morning then does it really matter?

As for the press conference delay;

- maybe Chansiri isn't here until then?

- maybe they can't be bothered having press conference where every single question will be about Mark Cooper?  Bit of time to leave the dust to settle on his team, a signing or two etc?

- and does it really matter?  Tomorrow is day 1 of pre-season.  Signings are already happening, all is fine. 

People just need to calm down a little, grab a brew and watch Babestation...

Yes international business men make every decision by flying to all of their entities to sign a peace of paper. The Internets not completely up and running in the Far East yet and TUF. Perhaps he was out fishing for his tea?

What a shambolic few weeks that I can only see getting even more shambolic this must be the most f##ked up appointment in English football history the way it has happened 10.30 at night,like someone said bottom three after 10 games and bye bye CC and the season all but over bar a dogfight with a bunch off foreign non pi## pots

Say what, Bro?

What a shambolic few weeks that I can only see getting even more shambolic this must be the most f##ked up appointment in English football history the way it has happened 10.30 at night,like someone said bottom three after 10 games and bye bye CC and the season all but over bar a dogfight with a bunch off foreign non pi## pots

:ph34r:

It seems to have worked out alright in the end but I don't think anyone could argue that those few weeks in the first half of the summer were anything other than an utter shambles.

Mark Cooper, sacking SG after letting him decide the retained list and negotiate contracts, the club not announcing anything, the 'committee', people suggesting that we might have a 'secret' manager...

It's a minor miracle that everything came together so well....

Feeling the same, It's amazing how there's some negativity about CC. For 15 years+ we've endured dull football under dour British managers and now we have an enigmatic coach who's team's play attacking and entertaining football. Personally I'm excited about the possibility of watching Wednesday and not being bored to tears.

There's been some rumours that we're going to be signing some exciting players so now we just need to wait and see

Phew I guessed right at the time

It seems to have worked out alright in the end but I don't think anyone could argue that those few weeks in the first half of the summer were anything other than an utter shambles.

Mark Cooper, sacking SG after letting him decide the retained list and negotiate contracts, the club not announcing anything, the 'committee', people suggesting that we might have a 'secret' manager...

It's a minor miracle that everything came together so well....

I knew it would be a miracle or very lucky...no could have planned our season lol

We need to get behind him now.

Regardless of what you may think of sacking Gray, or what you may think of Carlos and his lack of experience at this level.....we just need to get behind him.

That's all we can do. If it doesn't work out, we'll say tatty bye I'm sure. On the other hand he could be a massive success. Who knows?

Just back him. 

He would be if he was still here...

People go on about a lack of CV....a lack of experience.

That's testicles. Everyone has to start off somewhere. Most managers begin without much to their name.., just an idea of how they want to do things. They only way CC is going to build a CV and gain experience is by a team taking a punt on him.

He's never managed in this country before. English football is completely different to football in Portugal. We have no idea how he will do. He could flourish or flounder. The same as EVERY manager. In reality, EVERY manager is a risk...just the same as every player is a risk. There's no guarantees in football.

Forget about Gray, forget about how long we've had to wait for CC's appointment. Just move forward and back the man in charge & the players signed until they give us reason to do otherwise.

Shock horror that I didn't flounce....