Carlos Carvalhal Appointed Head Coach - OFFICIAL

I'm personally glad he's proven some of us wrong and surprised us, myself included. Because that means he and DC and the team are doing something right and are on to something good. I'm amazed at how well he's done after that first month. Long may it continue. Hats off to DC and CC and apologies for the early scepticism, and thanks for bringing some life, enjoyment, sexy football and optimism back to this famous old club. Whatever happens the future is bright for the Wednesday with DC and CC.

Obviously done well so far but football has a way of changing very quickly.

Think time to judge him would be if he is still here end of next season.

Can name loads of managers who were considered geniuses at one time and were gone a few months later.

Still gutted that he didn't get sacked in September...pathetic

Please now can we all be positive and happy and be a part of the dream that is happening right in front of our very eyes. This new era is like the birth of a very special child. Live it.

The bebby is healthy.

I'm personally glad he's proven some of us wrong and surprised us, myself included. Because that means he and DC and the team are doing something right and are on to something good. I'm amazed at how well he's done after that first month. Long may it continue. Hats off to DC and CC and apologies for the early scepticism, and thanks for bringing some life, enjoyment, sexy football and optimism back to this famous old club. Whatever happens the future is bright for the Wednesday with DC and CC.

In the short time he has been here he has created a new style which needs praising 

Daveyboy66 - I didn't mean that at all!

Just making a point that managers reputations can change very quickly. Look at Louis Van Gaal at Man U and Fabio Capello while with England.

Or (dare I say it?) Dave Jones.

Alan Irvine was another. And Brian Laws.

I'm very happy we're doing so well, and he seems like a top bloke and a real tactician/motivator. BUT, as above, things change. I respect Gray and Megson for doing the jobs they did, but I wouldn't want either back now. In a few years' time, I wouldn't be surprised to be saying the same about our Carlos.

Well done to Carlos, I admit I thought he would be gone by the end of November (at the latest), mainly based on his CV and his first few games (including the pre season), long may it be a successful partnership, long may it be "work in progress" as once that work is deemed done he will probably choose to move on, I honestly think he is enjoying the "challenge"...

I never trusted Roeder though or thought the committee would work, I'm happy to say I'm glad Carlos has outlasted all of them !

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I meant because he was that good a manager that a top top club would have come in for him lol

Yeah we all have to be honest and thought he would last 2 minutes. 10 clubs in 10 years was it before?