Lee Hughes

I will cross that bridge when I come to it. As I am sure others will have to do.

Same here mate. I just don't think I can give any of my money that will then end up in the pockets of someone who did what he did.

Edited by horwichowl

I'd rather not get promoted this season than sign that scum, I'd rather keep Irvine as a manager than sign that scum, as far as I'm concerned he should have gone down for manslaughter, when you kill someone during the act of breaking the law whether you mean to or not you should be treated the same, whether you're drunk and driving a car, or running around waving a sword around or whatever, 3 years for taking a life is bullshit.

I'd rather not get promoted this season than sign that scum, I'd rather keep Irvine as a manager than sign that scum, as far as I'm concerned he should have gone down for manslaughter, when you kill someone during the act of breaking the law whether you mean to or not you should be treated the same, whether you're drunk and driving a car, or running around waving a sword around or whatever, 3 years for taking a life is bullshit.

This

I would even take relegation than sign this piece of human garbage. I don't ever want to see him pulling on our shirt :angry:

What is this moral high ground? Is this something new?

I was brought up with principles - 'treat people as you would expect to be treated yourself'. I don't class my morals as being particularly 'high'. I just have them and really find it hard to mitigate for what Lee Hughes did.

So I wouldn't even try to, personally. What he did was disgraceful.

I can't just 'forget' them because it suits. You live by your code and I will live by mine.

Should he be forgiven and given another chance? - well that is a different question.

But not at Hillsborough thanks.

So I assume you have never acted from self interest at the expense of someone else then? If that is how you say you have been brought up?

You may say you are not that high principled but this thread is full of bloody pious finger pointers and i would bet my right ARM that if we were to subject your life to close scrutiny there would be some questionable things. how about if the whole world knew about them and forever defined you by them?

Let he is without sin cast the first stone.

An interesting post.

Did you boycott EastEnders when murderer Leslie Grantham was in it and played Dirty Den?

For me the fact that's a c*nt comes secondary to the fact that I don't think he's the sort of player at his age and current level for our future ambitions of promotion to, stabilisation in and then promotion from The Championship.

Would be a relatively mediocre signing purely for footballing reasons. We can and hopefully will do better. Arguably, we're no worse with the players we already have.

For me the fact that's a c*nt comes secondary to the fact that I don't think he's the sort of player at his age and current level for our future ambitions of promotion to, stabilisation in and then promotion from The Championship.

Would be a relatively mediocre signing purely for footballing reasons. We can and hopefully will do better. Arguably, we're no worse with the players we already have.

exactly

to sign a tw@ like him, he'd need to be a massive improvement on what we have

Edited by neo hippy

Can deejayone please nip this in the bud and confirm it won't happen?

Mate - not that I am involved in any transfer stuff so know much more than anyone on here anyway but if I did know then I wouldn't say one way or the other. There are proper processes to go through and me blabbing about stuff on here isn't one of them (and wouldn't necessarily do me any favours in any case).

Interesting thread though. Personally, I'm a bit disappointed that people are focusing on him doing time. Yes, it's a big thing but he has served his sentence has he not? There's hardly any posts in a 4+ page thread whatsoever about his footballing ability, which is all we'd actually need to know about him, isn't it? Any other player and the thread would have had all his stats splattered all over it, his goals ratio discussed ad nauseum and endless conversation on the merits of his running, passing and finishing.

For reference his stats show that he has scored 168 goals from 312 league starts, including 37 from 49 for Notts County since July 2009, and has a career league goal ratio of 0.46: http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=3687

So I assume you have never acted from self interest at the expense of someone else then? If that is how you say you have been brought up?

Have I ever left four people to potentially die as a result of my reckless behaviour?

Would I run away to save my own skin as opposed to saving theirs? I hope not.

I bet not many of our lads and lassies in Aghanistan have done that either.

It is called having principles, standards and honour.

Mate - not that I am involved in any transfer stuff so know much more than anyone on here anyway but if I did know then I wouldn't say one way or the other. There are proper processes to go through and me blabbing about stuff on here isn't one of them (and wouldn't necessarily do me any favours in any case).

Interesting thread though. Personally, I'm a bit disappointed that people are focusing on him doing time. Yes, it's a big thing but he has served his sentence has he not? There's hardly any posts in a 4+ page thread whatsoever about his footballing ability, which is all we'd actually need to know about him, isn't it? Any other player and the thread would have had all his stats splattered all over it, his goals ratio discussed ad nauseum and endless conversation on the merits of his running, passing and finishing.

For reference his stats show that he has scored 168 goals from 312 league starts, including 37 from 49 for Notts County since July 2009, and has a career league goal ratio of 0.46: http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=3687

the pr spin starts already, he's coming lads :ohmy: