Lee Hughes

Guest Mexico Baby

I've never been so against us signing s player than I am now.

It's not just fact he killed two people while driving, it's the fact he was pissed and left the scene that is unforgivable for me! Who knows, coils have been different if he'd called emergency services straight away.

Gate the idiot, rather have DA playing up front!

we already have four strikers to play in the centre forwards position , mellor,morrison, madine,heffernan, five if you include j johnson

midfield is now what we should be concentrating on not considering buying a 34 year old striker lee hughes, waste of money in my opinion

if promotion is not gained this season alan irvine will no longer be the manager of sheffield wednesday but we will be stuck with lee hughes a striker that the majority of fans on owls talk do not want at the club

next seasons jeffers....

He will get goals there is no doubt about that. However, Peter Sutcliffe could possibly clear up the problem of prostitution on the streets of Sheffield. Would it be right and morally acceptable for Sheffield City Council to employ Sutcliffe to do that job if he was free to do so?

Sometimes other factors outweigh the end result. This man stood accused, was found guilty, and received a sentence of six years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, along with the other charges of leaving the scene of an accident and failing to report an accident. He admitted to police that he had drunk two Jack Daniels, had just a sip of a third and left a fourth untouched. This admission came about after bar staff and management at a pub called the Queen's Head and another nearby pub gave evidence that they had been serving him with double Jack Daniels and Coke prior to the incident. The jury heard evidence that he might have had three doubles in the first public house and more in the Poacher's Retreat, the second public house to which he went.

Evidence was put before the court to show that Hughes was driving "like a madman" doing 60mph on the wrong side of the road before hitting another car. It took Lee Hughes 36 hours to hand himself in to police, why was this? The judge commented at the time: "You clearly believed that if you had been breathalysed then you would have been over the limit."

Hughes ploughed his Mercedes coupe into another car near his home, killing a 56 year old father-of-four Douglas Graham, who was travelling in the back of the other car, Hughes then fled the scene on foot. Judge Christopher Hodson told our potential signing that he had showed a "callous disregard" for the victims by running away from the scene. Hughes left this man to face the consequences of his actions and to die without giving him a chance by calling for medical assistance, should your child therefore have the name of such scum across his beloved Owls shirt?

I wonder what Mr Graham's family, his wife, two sons and daughters would think about the possible signing of Hughes and the blood money we are negotiating with him. At the time of the killing Mr Graham's wife Maureen commented "Something has been taken away from my family that can never be replaced," she was also severely injured in the crash.

Some people say that Hughes has done his time, learnt his lesson and should be given another chance; he had been given just this prior to the killing. Hughes has a previous conviction for drink driving, obtained a few years before he chose to enjoy himself by drinking Jack Daniels and drive like an idiot resulting in the death of someone's husband and father.

No matter how many goals this man may score for us, it will not warrant or justify Hughes being handed the money I pay to Sheffield Wednesday; money I hand over to allow me, my family and friends to watch my team in a family environment. I never want people like this to be part of the club I love no matter how good he may be.

Couldn't agree more in anyway, exactly right.

Guest Triplej2

There are understandably some strong opinions on this matter and I am proud we have fans with such a moral backbone who oppose this move.

I must say I am equally looking forward to the howls of protests if Milan Mandaric is found guilty of tax evasion to the tune of around 100k - incidentally the same sum give or take a grand or so as it costs to run a hospital bed for a year (with the resulting lives being saved). It is reassuring that we will not tolerate £1 of MM's money should he be found guilty.

That is without exception the most cunntish post i have ever read on this forum.

Irvine made the enquiry for a proven league one goal scorer with a good goal scoring record. That i can understand.

a signing this divisive of the fan base would surely create a similar approach from the playing staff. not at all what we need.

Right idea, poorly executed. im happier with the madine signing now if it means that Hughes stays where he is, and away from us.

He will get goals there is no doubt about that. However, Peter Sutcliffe could possibly clear up the problem of prostitution on the streets of Sheffield. Would it be right and morally acceptable for Sheffield City Council to employ Sutcliffe to do that job if he was free to do so?

Sometimes other factors outweigh the end result. This man stood accused, was found guilty, and received a sentence of six years imprisonment for causing death by dangerous driving, along with the other charges of leaving the scene of an accident and failing to report an accident. He admitted to police that he had drunk two Jack Daniels, had just a sip of a third and left a fourth untouched. This admission came about after bar staff and management at a pub called the Queen's Head and another nearby pub gave evidence that they had been serving him with double Jack Daniels and Coke prior to the incident. The jury heard evidence that he might have had three doubles in the first public house and more in the Poacher's Retreat, the second public house to which he went.

Evidence was put before the court to show that Hughes was driving "like a madman" doing 60mph on the wrong side of the road before hitting another car. It took Lee Hughes 36 hours to hand himself in to police, why was this? The judge commented at the time: "You clearly believed that if you had been breathalysed then you would have been over the limit."

Hughes ploughed his Mercedes coupe into another car near his home, killing a 56 year old father-of-four Douglas Graham, who was travelling in the back of the other car, Hughes then fled the scene on foot. Judge Christopher Hodson told our potential signing that he had showed a "callous disregard" for the victims by running away from the scene. Hughes left this man to face the consequences of his actions and to die without giving him a chance by calling for medical assistance, should your child therefore have the name of such scum across his beloved Owls shirt?

I wonder what Mr Graham's family, his wife, two sons and daughters would think about the possible signing of Hughes and the blood money we are negotiating with him. At the time of the killing Mr Graham's wife Maureen commented "Something has been taken away from my family that can never be replaced," she was also severely injured in the crash.

Some people say that Hughes has done his time, learnt his lesson and should be given another chance; he had been given just this prior to the killing. Hughes has a previous conviction for drink driving, obtained a few years before he chose to enjoy himself by drinking Jack Daniels and drive like an idiot resulting in the death of someone's husband and father.

No matter how many goals this man may score for us, it will not warrant or justify Hughes being handed the money I pay to Sheffield Wednesday; money I hand over to allow me, my family and friends to watch my team in a family environment. I never want people like this to be part of the club I love no matter how good he may be.

Very well thought out and well put post mate.

Anyone who thinks SCUM like this, deserve a second chance at any football club, need their bumps feeling.

How could any of us hold our heads up with pride, knowing we have a W4NK3R like that wearing OUR shirt!

Although the drink driving, is a big no-no in any walk of life.

Leaving someone to die, while trying to save your own skin, deserves a 10-15 year sentence minimum.

As an ambassador for football he should have been banned for life by the F.A