Lee Hughes

Really hope this isnt true, but im sure when Manderic bought us, some leicester fan came on owlstalk and said something along lines of the Mirror always having exculsives so to speak from Manderic regarding transfers etc. Been looking for thread but cant find it.

You wouldn't welcome him if he left the pitch early one day and was showered and out in his car in time to mow you and a few others down as he did a fast one from the ground. Let me be the first to boo him Wednesday shirt or not :mad:

I think he's banned from driving till 2014.

Upon his release Hughes made a public apology and confirmed that during his time in prison he met the daughter of Douglas Graham. Hughes stated, "In going some way to facing my responsibilities, I have met with a relative of the man who died and what was said will always remain a private and personal matter. For different reasons I think we were both pleased that the meeting occurred. I made mistakes and decisions that will live with me for the rest of my life. It also greatly affected my immediate family, including my wife and children."

As my wife says "I'm not God I will not judge"

The other side to this coin is Would I be happy if my son [11] wanted an SWFC Lee Hughes number 3? shirt ? The answer is NO.

Guest Distraught!

Under normal circumstances, I would consider this story to be gonads. On the other hand, if Irvine and crew have analyzed what's needed for promotion like many have on this board, to get 16 or 17 wins out of the last 23 games, an impact striker is needed. The defence has been strengthened so hopefully won't concede too many goals. If you have a regular scorer at the other end , it means higher than normal chance of achieving lots of wins. Lee Hughes is in form and knows this league. As a short term measure, 200k might be worth the gamble.

However, I am still skeptical about this story.

It maybe childish, and people may disagree..

But if that tailface signed, the rule about not booing our own players goes out the window.

At the end of the day, as was loudly sung at the game at Meadow Lane " Lee Hughes.. is a murderer!! " if he scored a goal i doubt i could bring myself to cheer it.

A massive no thanks from me,

That said, Mandaric and Irvine would not be that daft im sure, he will not be a wednesday player.

Love posting on owlstalk whilst drunk :biggrin:

Edited by leea8331

Guest GodsanOwl

The only thing that has disgusted me is the attitude on here!!!

He was convicted of a crime, now it may be that really the only crime was to have been a coward and run away! Someone died in a car accident, this happens every day!! Do the survivors go to prison? No!

He was convicted of causing death by dangerous driving and recieved a long sentence for the time based upon who he was!

He did not go out to kill someone that evening, this really could happen to anyone who, for whatever reason, loses control of a vehicle momentarily and hits another!

Even if you disagree with all the above, the fact of the matter is, he has recieved his punishment as required by law, who are you to decide that his punishment wasn't enough?

That all said, he's too old and we don't want him!

How many strikers do we bloody need we will be like united when Warnock was manager at this rate oh and how funny will that be from lambasting him by singing Lee hughes he's a mur--rer when we played County at there ground to Hughesy Hughesy if we sign him..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We all make mistakes, we all drive after the odd drink…if you are over the limit, and we all know when that is, regardless of what we say to others, and then get in a car and drive, then you are doing that with the full knowledge that your actions could lead to someones injury or death.

If you do that…you are doing something that’s premeditated to my mind…step away from the car, order a taxi, stop overnight, anything but do not get into that car…If you do and something goes wrong then you have to be willing to accept the consequences of your actions. YOU MUST IMVHO accept it, whatever those consequences are.

I’ve been at incidents like the one Hughes created, where people are injured or worse, either dead or close to it. Stuck in the dark, in the middle of nowhere, isolated, in pain, in need of help, in need of a friendly voice…ANY voice…someone to reassure them, not even that, just to connect them back with reality…it’s an amazing thing being there for someone when they really need it. You don’t have to know what to do, you don’t have to do anything physically to make them better, but to talk to them, maybe hold their hand…that’s flippingpowerful stuff I can tell ya and it gives you hope and you know you’re not alone…to be in pain like that, to be able to see or hear your loved ones in the same sort of pain…calling to them and not getting a response…you picture that bugger…you’re powerless…stuck…can’t flippingmove for love nor money and you can’t see or hear your mates, your family, your kids…is there anything worse than that?

To flip off and leave them to die…well, he’s beyond contempt IMO and is every last bit as bad as ‘murder’.

He may not be a murderer in the proper sense of the word but if it makes the bugger squirm GOOD! If it makes him wince whenever he hears it GOOD!

Unfortunately it does none of those things…instead he sticks his thumb up and smiles with a wink…jack the lad…having the craic with away fans.

THAT’S something I saw first hand from the cod canyon…NOT speculation, NOT Chinese whispers, I saw it happen.

The bloke is a cod canyon.

The judge criticised Hughes for having a "callous disregard" for the four occupants of the other car

He didn’t get anywhere near a fitting sentence for what he did and yes, I know that’s not his fault but which of us, had we done the same thing could come back to our jobs and carry on as if nothing had happened?

I know I couldn’t…even if physically and mentally I was able to do it, they wouldn’t give me my job back and rightly so. This cod canyon comes out of prison after no sentence at all (Not his fault the sentencing is poo poo I know) but if the orignal sentence of 6 years was wee wee poor then serving only half of that is a joke.

In the 25 years I’ve been in this job I’ve been to hundreds of these incidents and whilst we joke about my genuinely poo poo memory on most things, if I shut my eyes I can recall probably around 95% of these incidents in graphic detail, like watching a film.

I hope, genuinely hope he has this memory in his mind, as vivid and gory in every single detail as it’s possible to have. If it causes him heartache at every opportunity, endless sleepless nights, then that’s fine by me, he should never be allowed to forget this, ever and IMVHO he shouldn’t be allowed in football.

Who cares if he’s not a murder by the definition of the word?

Who really cares about the definition of the word?

I mean what’s the argument here?

You don’t want people to call him a murder?

You think being called a murderer when all you’ve done is kill someone is a tad harsh?

You think people are giving the word ‘murderer’ a bad name?

Criminal misuse of the word 'murderer'?

If people want to call him a murdering cod canyon why the flip should we care?

3 words…

A callous disregard!

He didn’t care when he legged it that night why should any of us care about that cod canyon?

flip him!

All IMVHO of course and everyone else is fully entitled to their opinion

This is a post from another site by a poster who's opinion I regard very highly,

This would be a very contentious signing.

At the end of the day football is just a game and I'd rather my club had some shred of decency and didn't rely on people like Hughes. Anyone who reads the below and then worries about the guy's age or scoring record is imo taking the game far too seriously.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We all make mistakes, we all drive after the odd drink…if you are over the limit, and we all know when that is, regardless of what we say to others, and then get in a car and drive, then you are doing that with the full knowledge that your actions could lead to someones injury or death.

If you do that…you are doing something that's premeditated to my mind…step away from the car, order a taxi, stop overnight, anything but do not get into that car…If you do and something goes wrong then you have to be willing to accept the consequences of your actions. YOU MUST IMVHO accept it, whatever those consequences are.

I've been at incidents like the one Hughes created, where people are injured or worse, either dead or close to it. Stuck in the dark, in the middle of nowhere, isolated, in pain, in need of help, in need of a friendly voice…ANY voice…someone to reassure them, not even that, just to connect them back with reality…it's an amazing thing being there for someone when they really need it. You don't have to know what to do, you don't have to do anything physically to make them better, but to talk to them, maybe hold their hand…that's flippingpowerful stuff I can tell ya and it gives you hope and you know you're not alone…to be in pain like that, to be able to see or hear your loved ones in the same sort of pain…calling to them and not getting a response…you picture that bugger…you're powerless…stuck…can't flippingmove for love nor money and you can't see or hear your mates, your family, your kids…is there anything worse than that?

To flip off and leave them to die…well, he's beyond contempt IMO and is every last bit as bad as 'murder'.

He may not be a murderer in the proper sense of the word but if it makes the bugger squirm GOOD! If it makes him wince whenever he hears it GOOD!

Unfortunately it does none of those things…instead he sticks his thumb up and smiles with a wink…jack the lad…having the craic with away fans.

THAT'S something I saw first hand from the cod canyon…NOT speculation, NOT Chinese whispers, I saw it happen.

The bloke is a cod canyon.

The judge criticised Hughes for having a "callous disregard" for the four occupants of the other car

He didn't get anywhere near a fitting sentence for what he did and yes, I know that's not his fault but which of us, had we done the same thing could come back to our jobs and carry on as if nothing had happened?

I know I couldn't…even if physically and mentally I was able to do it, they wouldn't give me my job back and rightly so. This cod canyon comes out of prison after no sentence at all (Not his fault the sentencing is poo poo I know) but if the orignal sentence of 6 years was wee wee poor then serving only half of that is a joke.

In the 25 years I've been in this job I've been to hundreds of these incidents and whilst we joke about my genuinely poo poo memory on most things, if I shut my eyes I can recall probably around 95% of these incidents in graphic detail, like watching a film.

I hope, genuinely hope he has this memory in his mind, as vivid and gory in every single detail as it's possible to have. If it causes him heartache at every opportunity, endless sleepless nights, then that's fine by me, he should never be allowed to forget this, ever and IMVHO he shouldn't be allowed in football.

Who cares if he's not a murder by the definition of the word?

Who really cares about the definition of the word?

I mean what's the argument here?

You don't want people to call him a murder?

You think being called a murderer when all you've done is kill someone is a tad harsh?

You think people are giving the word 'murderer' a bad name?

Criminal misuse of the word 'murderer'?

If people want to call him a murdering cod canyon why the flip should we care?

3 words…

A callous disregard!

He didn't care when he legged it that night why should any of us care about that cod canyon?

flip him!

All IMVHO of course and everyone else is fully entitled to their opinion

This is a post from another site by a poster who's opinion I regard very highly,

This would be a very contentious signing.

To be honest i think they would be grateful to have him off the wage bill so I doubt it would be 200k.Maybe the deal would be linked to promotion?

What he did was a despicable thing. However he has served his time and I'm a firm believer in second chances. Whether I'd feel the same if it was my family affected by his actions I don't know.

I think people would soon forget if his goals got us promotion.

I agree, everybody makes mistakes!

It aint like he did it on purpose.

Now how many people here can say i have never exceeded the speed limit or done anything on the road which is the slightest bit silly.

the main issue is he got scared and darted, but he did handed himself in like the next day.