Lee Hughes

Shame those murdered by the tw@t won't get a second chance.

I know it's not the same by any means, but it's only three or four weeks ago that one of the biggest football hooligans in the 80's (who has now reformed and is a decent law abiding citizen) was the subject of posts on this forum, suggesting that the club might bestow some kind of honour on him, because he got attacked in a bar in Majorca. During his time he's brought as much shame to this club as anybody,but he's been given a second chance.

As I say I know his crimes weren't the same, but the principal is exactly the same.

Everybody deserves a second chance. What happened, happened, and it's time to move on.

Shame those murdered by the tw@t won't get a second chance.

I know it's not the same by any means, but it's only three or four weeks ago that one of the biggest football hooligans in the 80's (who has now reformed and is a decent law abiding citizen) was the subject of posts on this forum, suggesting that the club might bestow some kind of honour on him, because he got attacked in a bar in Majorca. During his time he's brought as much shame to this club as anybody,but he's been given a second chance.

As I say I know his crimes weren't the same, but the principal is exactly the same.

Everybody deserves a second chance. What happened, happened, and it's time to move on.

Rather have Emlyn than Lee, Emlyn won't knock 3k off the gate.

That's quite funny really. I don't like speaking ill of the dead, but Emlyn Hughes was the guest speaker at a sales forum I attended a few years ago. I was introduced to him, and spent a while chatting to him, and he came across to me, and others who wiitnessed it, as a foul mothed racist bigot. I was almost in a scrap with him, and during the meal after the event, I was bought drinks by a bout a dozen people who'd witnessed the conversation I had with him, and all agreed about my opinion of him.

Guest jayowl_s6

cant see this been true....mandaric said on radio sheffield other day that he wanted to sign young up and coming players that would be ASSETS to the club long term

lee hughes is certainly not anasset at 34 at a cost of 200,000

What a load of crock.

You'll sit next to robbers, muderers and the like at each match. So are you going to say I'm not going to go cos of these people.

Isn't it a case of he has been punished for his crime now it s time to look forward.

NO he should never be forgiven for he what did and how he did it. And I feel very sorry for the family this happened to but he has served his punishment.

Saying that. Don't want him for different reasons. Don't see him as the solution and hes too old. We should better aspirations. A premier league toungster on loan would be better.

Does raise a question for me Peggyowl.

What happened to the players from higher leagues and the continent?

Are we saying Sheffield Wednesday still isn't a big enough attraction?

I wonder if, apart from the obvious fact thst we are not promotion certs, and possibly will spend another season at this level, there is anything else unattractive about joining us at this moment?

I wonder if, apart from the obvious fact thst we are not promotion certs, and possibly will spend another season at this level, there is anything else unattractive about joining us at this moment?

Are you on about Irvine?

And as for Hughes, I can imagine everyone saying they don't want him never cheering if he scored, as its against all your morally and ethically unwavering god-fearing lifestyles.

Subtle as a sledge hammer. :biggrin:

Hasn't been a problem so far, I reckon we've missed out on a few because we're in League 1 though.

So let me get this straight.....We were struggling to match Motherwell's valuation of a 23 year old with massive potential which was only 100-150k yet we are willing to smash 200k on a 34 year old bishop basher?

Doesn't exactly ring true to me.

Very good point.

Sounds like a load of poo . Fingers crossed.

Even if we don't sign him, it does sound as though we've at least made a serious enquiry.

If this enquiry was made after the Madine signing does it mean then that we're after a fifth striker, or would Heffernan be on his way?

Irrespective of the controversy of signing a player like Hughes, if all this is true then I'm just surprised at Irvine's continuing attitude towards Heffernan, a player that he only brought to the club in the summer.

It makes me wonder about the detailed research that Irvine is supposed to conduct on all his signings; has Heffernan turned out to be a different type of player to the one that he thought he would be?