Owls v West Brom Matchday Thread

To be honest I don’t think booing Reach will spur him on in any way, it’ll probably make him fold. One of the biggest wimps I’ve ever seen play football 

• Like 2

Unable to go today, Mrs birthday, asked if I could take the stick for the room but got a royal fizz off, will find a boozer and hope by 17:00pm I'm enjoying a celebratory southern, come on Wednesday!

Very nervous but looking forward to today. Had some good days out with the boy although following his introduction to watching the Owls (Peterborough then Wembley) he's also seen some bit so good matches now as well!

Hopefully this will be more Peterborough than Millwall 😄

A win would be huge. A draw about OK. Not thinking about the 3rd option!

1 hour ago, lukeyswfc said:

Why would we boo Reach? He played for a few years and a left on a free. He’s never said anything bad about us or acted in a way to deserve being booed.

Also why would anyone run on the pitch? No set of results today make us safe.

It's the same answer to both questions. Some of our fans are morons. 

• Like 1

Inflatables blown up ✅ 

All lined up ready on my Wednesday coffee table with the Owl that aptly looks like it’s wearing German ww1 flying goggles ✅ 

Feet up on my recently purchased handmade half and half rug  ✅ 

Trainers ready at the door - but won’t be wearing my best ones, don’t want to mess them up when I invade the pitch at full time ✅ 

Sat reciting the words to ‘Booo’ and watching some videos on getting the most volume for every time Adam Reach gets the ball ✅ 

Practiced my best ‘Panic’ technique for every time we pass it round the back. Apparently I should be screaming ‘Gerrit Forrad’ ✅ 

Reminded myself not to do anything ‘cringe’ or ‘tinpot’ and definitely don’t wear a replica shirt today because I’m a grown adult ✅ 

• Haha 6

Good side these. They don’t lose many.  Johnston looks a real player, he’s a worry. Very tough game.

I think we lose if we try to play the “right” way. Got to make it horrible for me. Throwback, bully boy football. Like Peterborough, 2nd half against Norwich, 1st half against Stoke. Fans cheering for every tackle and driving them on. 

Hopefully they don’t fancy it with 1 eye on the playoffs, and cave in.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Good side these. They don’t lose many.  Johnston looks a real player, he’s a worry. Very tough game.

I think we lose if we try to play the “right” way. Got to make it horrible for me. Throwback, bully boy football. Like Peterborough, 2nd half against Norwich, 1st half against Stoke. Fans cheering for every tackle and driving them on. 

They've only won 1 in last 6 and that was against Toytown with the aid of the most ridiculous penalty award in Championship history. I reckon we can take them. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

This 

We can’t afford a first half line against Norwich, the bench will be very important today, need a high intensity for 90 minutes 

Just now, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

I have heard Wilks and Fletcher start today :duntmatter:

Says it for weeks. Fletcher will get the winner at Sunderland to keep us up 

• Like 1

This is it, only a win guarantees it remains in our own hands, a draw depends on a certain result elsewhere and a loss guarantees we are back in the bottom 3. 

History this season against the top 6 suggests a draw our best likely outcome, but as we've seen in recent weeks some turbulence with the top teams and as last nights result at QPR showed, we are entering silly season where results are unpredictable. Which is why we also cannot rely on the perceived difficulty of others fixtures on the last day. 

We have a reasonably healthy squad, at home in front of a sell out crowd and in good form, with confidence as high as it can be. All the ingredients are there to buck the trend and get a win today. 

On reflection, a Wednesday win and a narrow Huddersfield win would perhaps be the perfect outcome today.