Owls v West Brom Matchday Thread

56 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Let’s not boo Adam Reach ffs.

34 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Regardless of the result though, stay off the pitch.

Both of these things would simply be painting a massive target on our own arse whilst bending over and handing the footballing gods a freshly-sharpened spiked paddle...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Said it in the other thread, if we had to be playing any of the top 6 today it’d be WBA. We’re currently in better form than them and they are 11th in the away league table. 

Bring it on.

Ugbo due a goal.

3-1.

Why would we boo Reach? He played for a few years and a left on a free. He’s never said anything bad about us or acted in a way to deserve being booed.

Also why would anyone run on the pitch? No set of results today make us safe.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

Why would we boo Reach? He played for a few years and a left on a free. He’s never said anything bad about us or acted in a way to deserve being booed.

Agreed, I don’t really think Reach is significant enough to warrant any kind of reaction from the Wednesday fans.

Also, running on the pitch today would be embarrassing.

• Like 1

I’ve not renewed for the first time in decades and won’t now until that clown who owns the club clears off so this’ll be my last match for what could be a long time.

Really hoping for a big performance and result.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Let’s not boo Adam Reach ffs. He was a good player for us in the first couple of years, I think we ruined him by playing him all over the place rather than the other way round.

Whenhe won player of the year he was outstanding and carried us that season. I thought he was a good player for us. Even in his last season which some fans like to mention, his stats were decent. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Haven't slept.  My mind is on today's game.  Knots in stomach.

Looking forward going to Hillsborough - big crowd and hopefully a cracking atmosphere.

Come on Wednesday.  We need one superhuman performance and result.....and maybe another one a week later.

50 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Both of these things would simply be painting a massive target on our own arse whilst bending over and handing the footballing gods a freshly-sharpened spiked paddle...

Sadly , annoyingly and frustratingly though, both will happen.

24 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I think today’s the day we almost seal it. You bluuuuees. 

2v0

Ugbo (67)

El Pato (87)

Blackburn lose

Plymouth lose

Brum draw 

Any chance you could revise this to us scoring after 17 and 27 minutes? I’m not convinced my heart can take us protecting a one goal lead to the 87th minute.

36 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

Why would anyone run on the pitch? How long have you been a Wednesdayite son?

Whatever you do, don’t be late for this match. 

My son is back from uni for the weekend to come to Hillsborough today, and when I picked him up from the train station he told me he dreamt he’d missed the first 15 minutes and we were already losing 9-6. Don’t want to miss that. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I’ve not renewed for the first time in decades and won’t now until that clown who owns the club clears off so this’ll be my last match for what could be a long time.

Really hoping for a big performance and result.

Keep the faith and you will get back sooner than you think 🤞

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yeah after we got promoted last summer I was asked and I said I just wanted Wednesday to have a boring midtable season.  There’s always next year!

Hopefully not in league one pal, championship mid table sounds perfect to me right now

8 minutes ago, M1867 said:

Good point.

Some of our players don’t do much running on the pitch and they get paid to do so.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, M1867 said:

It's a pretty valid question, to be fair. 

Pitch invasions are normally saved for promotions or last gasp relegation escapes etc, not just for making relegation a lot less likely. 

And you can almost guarantee we'd go on to get relegated next weekend if our fans went on the pitch today. 

We'd simply be asking for it.

56 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

Who’s even suggested it