Man of the Match & Player Ratings vs Blackburn Rovers (A)

Man of the Match & Player Ratings vs Blackburn Rovers (A)  

482 members have voted

1. 1. Man of the Match?

• Beadle
    • Palmer
    • Ihiekwe
    • Famewo
    • Valentín
    • Johnson
    • Vaulks
    • Bannan
    • Musaba
    • Windass
    • Ugbo
    • Bambo Diaby
    • Iorfa
    • Gassama
    • Paterson
    • Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/04/24 at 11:56

Even game first half, must admit I was worried we might crumble 2nd half but I thought we were excellent all over the pitch 2nd half.

Beadle 7 - thought he could have come out quicker for the goal, made a good save after though and dealt with the aerial stuff late on well

Palmer 7 - steady first half, excellent second half.

Ihiekwe 7 - will be a miss if injured

Famewo 6 - poor 1st half, improved 2nd

Valentin - 7 steady, quieter than usual

Vaulks 8 - excellent all round display

Bannan 7 - very good 

Johnson 8 - shut the doubters up

Musaba 7 - slow first half, dangerous 2nd

Windass 8- we play better with him the side and quality goal

Ugbo 7 - thought he worked his socks off at times

• Like 3

Brilliant day. 

Tough to rate without watching it back, but after the game I felt Johnson or Windass for man of the match.

Vaulks was superb 2nd half after a poor 1st. Palmer also deserves a mention.

And Musaba, who despite his usual hit and miss ball control, ONCE AGAIN had a major hand in winning the points. Some people seem to completely ignore how important he’s been to this season’s points tally while they slate the guy. 

Anything but a good footballing spectacle today. But what this team lacks in quality, they make up for with guts and workrate. We wanted it more than them. Massive result.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Emerson Thome said:

Beadle: 6 - I wonder if he should have held back a bit for the goal?

Palmer: 8 - Always feel he's excellent in that RCB role.

Ihiekwe: 6 - Was just getting started. Did kick the ball in Szmodics face, although not quite hard enough.

Famewo: 5 - The one down spot, I thought he was poor again, especially on the ball.

Valentín: 6 - Some good runs, not a lot of end product.

Johnson: 9 - MoM. Great run and cool finish (for another vital goal). Some brilliant defending.

Vaulks: 8 - Great tackle. Very strong second half. Wish he would stop booting it back to the keeper though.

Bannan: 7 - Ticked over.

Windass: 8 - Goal of the season winner I suspect.

Musaba: 8 - After a run of poor games, he did better today. He seems good for an unintentional assist, picking up two more of them today.

Ugbo: 6 - Quietish.

Bambo Diaby: 7 - Excellent cameo. Seems better when he doesn't have to think about it.

Iorfa: 7 - CB No. 3 - helped see out the game.

Paterson: 6 - Barrelled about

Gassama: 7 - Looked threatening

Smith: 7 - Nice.

Still think the keeper should av saved their goal.. 💁‍♂️

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Since 1971 said:

It's great to have such a hard choice after a great performance from most of the lads.

Windass for pure skill and turning up when it matters again.

Johnson for crucial contributions in both boxes.

But I most admire when a player is prepared to get hurt and potentially risk his career for our cause. Will Vaulks gets my vote today, for the 50-50 challenge that started the move for the second goal.

This exactly

• Like 2

Palmer, Vaulks, Johnson, Musaba hard to separate for me, but most players played their part. Famewo struggled a bit with Sammy Smodgetts but his overall contribution wasn't that bad.

• Like 2

Johnson for me, thought he was excellent in both boxes.

Much more like it in the second half - Vaulks leading the way. Gassama was a positive introduction, overall we deserved to win. 

Beadle - 7. Solid performance.

Palmer - 8. Another excellent display, the number of times he came across to cover dangerous positions - lost count.

Ihiekwe - 6. Early injury.

Famewo - 6. Terrible first 30min, grew into the game as it went on.

Valentin - 7. For forward to give us an overlap so many times. Defended well too.

Vaulks - 9. Here, there, and literally everywhere. A proper holding midfield display. Brilliant.

Bannan - 8. Absolute love his commitment and desire. Calmness, range of passing, got stuck in, work rate sensational.

Johnson - 8. Back to his best, and wouldn’t have wanted the chance to fall to anyone but Johnson - knew it was in the moment I saw he was at the back stick.

Musaba - 6. But not and cold, but got better in the second half. Did great to set the 2nd up and wish he’d put his chance away at 1-3!

Windass - 8. What a finish! Worked hard today and was the main link from midfield in the final third.

Ugbo - 6. Worked hard, though he didn’t get much service - most went through Windass/Musaba.

Diaby - 7. Thought he was excellent before his injury.

Iorfa - 7. The Dom of old - pace and power, ideal replacement for Diaby.

Smith - 7. Same as Ugbo, but was a bit more involved. 

Gassama - 8. They couldn’t handle those feet and that pace. Work on his end product and gets a bit more consistency and he’s going to be some player.

Paterson - 6. Loves a rugby tackle! 😂

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you
  • Like 1

Some absolutely brilliant performances. We battled, we harried and we showed some real talent going forward.

Beadle 7 did well. Kicking is improving 

Valentin 6 was actually a bit quiet but no mistakes and solid enough 

Palmer 8 I really like him in the back three as he has more composure than the actual centre backs

Ihiekwe 6 started ok until injury hit. We need him back on Saturday 

Famewo 5 the one poor performance. He lost Sammie S twice and his passing is absolutely pathetic. Should be our last option at cb

Johnson 9 was excellent. A brilliant goal, almost got an assist and a saving interception at the end 

Vaulks 8 worked his nuts off 

Bannan 8 our play still revolves around him

Windass 8 what a goal and a menace all game

Musaba 8 worked very hard and two wonderful crosses, one of which got an assist 

Ugbo 7 worked very hard and his closing down helped with the goals

Bambo 6.5 was doing ok but that broken nose looks nasty 

Iorfa 7 lord only knows why he wasn’t starting in the first place

Smith 6 worked hard

Paterson 6 as above

Gassama 7 the perfect sub at that time as his dribbling relieves pressure 

Röhl 7 think he got the starting line up wrong with the woeful Akin but used his subs well and got his tactics spot on

Need another mammoth performance on Saturday now

Ref 6 did ok but very picky. The tackle on Vaulks was either a yellow or a red

• Like 3

Think Ugbo scores a bit harsh, he didn't put a foot wrong and played a key role in the 2nd. He invariably makes the right decision and you always have confidence he will get out of tight spot with the ball somehow. Also wins a lot of 40-60s, eg forcing the free kick by corner flag 1st half and drawing the booking 2nd. Can see with his technical qualities why managers want him creating too.

• Like 4

Beadle 6.5

Palmer 7.5

Ihiekwe 7

Famewo 6

Valentin 7.5

Vaulks 8

Bannan 7.5

Johnson 8. MOM 

Musaba 7

Windass 8

Ugbo 7

Diaby 7

Iorfa 7.5

Smith 6.5

Gassama 7.5

Paterson 6.5

• Like 1

I went for Vaulkes marginally in front of Musaba and Johnson.

Reading the comments I’m a bit shocked the stock Musaba still gets on here. He’s our joint top scorer and top of assist charts too yet constantly read how his decision making is poor or how he has no end product. I know the rest of team not been upto much but he’s had a decent first season in my opinion. 

• Like 2