The North Stand

Years of rivers of pìss emanating from the North Stand bogs has probably corroded the steel reinforcement in the concrete…

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

Years of rivers of pìss emanating from the North Stand bogs has probably corroded the steel reinforcement in the concrete…

Guarantee our luck it full of that Rack? Stuff lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

We’re honestly so much better with a new owner coming in, not paying for ground - leaving Chansiri with it to sort it out and flipping off on a ground share somewhere 

No way Chansiri would sell to someone unless they purchased the ground as part of the deal or were legally contracted to use it or pay the rent even if they chose not to use it. 

I think he would make it a condition of any sale. 

• Like 2

Couple of points. I've heard the rumours and some specific stuff around asbestos (which I'm a bit sceptical of because it isn't necessarily the problem people think it is).

My guess is that the structural steelwork on the North needs to be repainted urgently. If the steel corrodes the whole stand is fkd so it has to be repainted on a regular basis - perhaps 15 - 25 years is the absolute max. Ive no idea when it was last redone but in my 50 odd years going I've never seen the paintwork on the North looking so shabby. It's an expensive job due to access.

On the West the reinforced pillars supporting the whole structure are prone to cracking but thats on the SAG hit list already.

Both stands are getting towards the end of their life cycle - but - like Triggers brush they could theoretically be refurbished forever in a timely manner but at a cost.

What can't happen is that essential maintenance and refurbishment is ignored -  like this daft loser seems to be doing - as it will end in tears.

Lease

As to liability - Usually on a property lease the repairs and maintenance are down to the tenant - SWFC.

Capital works are down to the owner - in this case Chansiri's Sheffield 3 company.

Both subject to Chansiri cash flow i suppose.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

It is just a bit embarrassing having a SWFC stadium that looks pastel blue (Coventry City /Man City hue)

If we can't afford to have Royal Blue...

Just paint it black in true funereal style.

Quite fitting?

Edited by maidstoneowl
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, SDS Owl said:

No way Chansiri would sell to someone unless they purchased the ground as part of the deal or were legally contracted to use it or pay the rent even if they chose not to use it. 

I think he would make it a condition of any sale. 

And this ladies and gentleman, is why we’re stuck with the dipstick for a lot longer than we want. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, FattyOwl72 said:

Figure being bandied about for the north is £17million.

In that case, might as well get all four stands done while we’re at it. Blinking eck

• Like 1

It must be related to the North West corner then as well ? Demolition time ?

Time to finally meet it's end, having been stripped of seats, and no fans for years

And is the strange blue paint actually a waterproofing trick to protect the structure from further decay...until 

6 hours ago, Nero said:

Couple of points. I've heard the rumours and some specific stuff around asbestos (which I'm a bit sceptical of because it isn't necessarily the problem people think it is).

In what way is it not a problem that people think it is ?

• Haha 1

The North Stand is a couple of years older than me , the first 30 years of my life it was the best stand in the country. Now if not on life support it requires serious surgery.

It just feels really sad.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

17 Million! 

We might as well build a whole new stand for that price. 

That's a lot of customers houses to be sold to fund the project.

• Haha 3

£150,000 to build  and made Hillsborough one of only two grounds mentioned in  art historian Nikolaus Pevsner's Buildings of England series.

A blog..

"But still, I admit, compared to many other stands, there is something light and elegant about it. Something very 60’ish, indicating that Hillsborough in that decade was the most modern ground in English football."

'Hillsborough was arguably the top ground in England from the 1950’s till the 1980’s, hosting more than 30 FA cup semifinals, a League Cup Final replay, World Cup and Euro matches as well as a couple of international matches. It was branded the Wembley of the North"

• Love 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

In what way is it not a problem that people think it is ?

Asbestos is present in millions of buildings - domestic and commercial - and if its undisturbed or can be encapsulated then its usually better to leave it than remove it. 

There are also different types of Asbestos with different risks associated.

There will be an Asbestos Management Plan for Hillsborough which identifies where and in what condition the Asbestos is in and how its managed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3