The North Stand

I was told, by 2 sources close to the Club that maintenance work is needed to the North Stand roof.  The Club obtained 3 quotes, Chancer decided all were too expensive and did nowt.

Separately, a mate of mine who is a tradesman, knows the owner of a company who does work for the Club in a specific capacity.  I'm not posting what capacity as that will identify him.  This guy is involved in maintenance meetings at the Club; he told my mate that the North Stand needs £17 million spending on it to totally rectify the problems.  That, to me, sounds like it needs knocking down and rebuilding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, wisewoodowl said:

I was told, by 2 sources close to the Club that maintenance work is needed to the North Stand roof.  The Club obtained 3 quotes, Chancer decided all were too expensive and did nowt.

Separately, a mate of mine who is a tradesman, knows the owner of a company who does work for the Club in a specific capacity.  I'm not posting what capacity as that will identify him.  This guy is involved in maintenance meetings at the Club; he told my mate that the North Stand needs £17 million spending on it to totally rectify the problems.  That, to me, sounds like it needs knocking down and rebuilding.

Good grief... £17mill?!

Imagine Chumpsiri's face when that figure was first mentioned?!

b25lY21zOjQxYzUzNTAyLWY5ZGEtNGY4Ni1hMWI0LWEyNTk2MGQ3OTBlOTpjMDc4Njc4OC02NmMwLTQyMDEtODhiMC01YWFlYzZmNGUyZjU=~3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, ANDY said:

Seen a few on here and also on twitter regarding the North being shut. 

can anyone put any meat on these bones ?

is it just heresay?  Has anything official been mentioned cos I’ve not seen owt. 

I’ve heard from 2 reliable people (one of whom you know well) that the club have been quoted £17m for work that needs doing, primarily to the roof. Nothing was said if it was due to be closed or if the work wasn’t done it’d be unsafe 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Geedee said:

Found it , if only

Sheffield Wednesday's £22m plans to redevelop Hillsborough get green light https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1221800/Sheffield-Wednesdays-22m-plans-redevelop-Hillsborough-given-green-light.html via https://dailym.ai/android

What could have been...

Looking at the images, plans would have taken Hillsborough to next level. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

What could have been...

No idea how much costs have increased - but I bet we are looking at 4 or 5 times the expected £22m spend now?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, maidstoneowl said:

It is just a bit embarrassing having a SWFC stadium that looks pastel blue (Coventry City /Man City hue)

If we can't afford to have Royal Blue...

Just paint it black in true funereal style.

Quite fitting?

IMG_2483.png

6 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

What could have been...

Almost brings a tear to the eye

I'll tell you what needs sorting... The exit from the South Stand. When leppings lane is closed they want all the fans to go across the bridge to come back round to leppings lane! Getting across the bridge with that many fans is an accident waiting to happen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

No idea how much costs have increased - but I bet we are looking at 4 or 5 times the expected £22m spend now?

There been quite a bit of inflation recently.

But we haven't had 400 to 500 % over the last 10 years