The North Stand

7 minutes ago, Geedee said:

There been quite a bit of inflation recently.

But we haven't had 400 to 500 % over the last 10 years

I know we haven't - but building/construction costs seem to have gone up way more than say a loaf of bread. If a new roof on the North costs £17m - that says it all?

Edited by royalowlisback

27 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

I know we haven't - but building/construction costs seem to have gone up way more than say a loaf of bread. If a new roof on the North costs £17m - that says it all?

Isn't Chansiri supposed to have a construction company in Thailand. Are these lads some of his, sure they can sort it for less?

image.png.9be5e015b9eaf2df5b5faef21d0741d1.png

Edited by striker
  • Haha 6

49 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

I don’t think anyone said it was a new roof 

40 minutes ago, striker said:

Isn't Chansiri supposed to have a construction company in Thailand. Are these lads some of his, sure they can sort it for less?

image.png.9be5e015b9eaf2df5b5faef21d0741d1.png

D-Builders

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lombardo said:

On Rightmove as a “doer upper” with a charming aspect.

I'm sure I saw Dion Dublin with a film crew down there last week

• Haha 1

I heard this a while back from a source I trust. Not the exact figures from this thread, but that something was amiss with the North and that there is a risk it might become unusable.

It's one of those things I filed away in the back of my head in the hope that it was just b*llocks, but it keeps cropping up from enough different people and.. well, smoke and fire etc..

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Whatever will T block do and all the Chansiri supporters make of it all..

He’s doing his best but it’s all this rain from Europe, don’t know how the b*gger gets here when we took back control of our borders. Must be all these woke, yellow poster branding ar*eholes..

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

Pie in the sky from smother great chairman  

From memory wasn’t he a good bloke but just hadn’t the financial clout to sort us out? Always get honesty on here

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Put it this way, during the last game there was a heavy downpour just before half time and I saw many people at the back under the beams get wet with rain pouring in.  Not just one section, but many. 

For one of the cup games, I was on the back row back on the halfway line and the back wall actually moves away from the concrete when you press on it.  You can literally see down onto the top of gym. 

There are also visible holes in the roofing which allows water in when raining. 

It's literally crumbling to pieces. 

• Like 4

Maybe it's another cunning club strategy to devalue the stadium ready for selling up for a £1, by shelving all capital development works and keeping maintenance to a lick of paint and some plywood for the fan park

7 minutes ago, Grants Left Boot said:

Put it this way, during the last game there was a heavy downpour just before half time and I saw many people at the back under the beams get wet with rain pouring in.  Not just one section, but many. 

For one of the cup games, I was on the back row back on the halfway line and the back wall actually moves away from the concrete when you press on it.  You can literally see down onto the top of gym. 

It’s a shame cos it still looks a beautiful stand when the flags are flying. 
Sheer neglect.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Grants Left Boot said:

The back wall moves?!! The plastic? Wtf

• Like 1

Just now, unkastav said:

The back wall moves?!! The plastic? Wtf

No, it's corrugated metal back wall that looks to be cemented in at the bottom  I pressed on a section and the metal and concrete moved leaving about a 1-2cm gap.  If you then let go, it goes back to being flush. 

Next match I will go up there and try and find it again to take a pic. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Grants Left Boot said:

Just like the club.