The North Stand

Seen a few on here and also on twitter regarding the North being shut. 

can anyone put any meat on these bones ?

is it just heresay?  Has anything official been mentioned cos I’ve not seen owt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Seen a few on here and also on twitter regarding the North being shut. 

can anyone put any meat on these bones ?

is it just heresay?  Has anything official been mentioned cos I’ve not seen owt. 

Well it's not going to be an immediate concern (as in this season) as SAG and the safety people would have shut it down if so

If true it's going to be about the need for work to be done on it very soon to keep it up to standards I would guess

The rumours that I've heard (repeatedly and from many sources online) are that there's been a survey done of the North Stand which could mean work is needed in the future and at an eyewatering cost - that's all I've heard really

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

It won't matter really, as crowds will be 17,000 in the third tier and the Kop/South can accommodate that crowd with ease.

Might even make for a better atmosphere.

There would certainly be less class A drug taking (well, in the North at least!) 

🙄

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Well it's not going to be an immediate concern (as in this season) as SAG and the safety people would have shut it down if so

If true it's going to be about the need for work to be done on it very soon to keep it up to standards I would guess

The rumours that I've heard (repeatedly and from many sources online) are that there's been a survey done of the North Stand which could mean work is needed in the future and at an eyewatering cost - that's all I've heard really

This. 

The amount I have been told is very high..

Luckily the west stand was sorted ahead of the euros in 96, otherwise that would be the same I suppose.

Also have to say, the rumour I have heard isn’t from an online source. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, danblakemore said:

This. 

Luckily the west stand was sorted ahead of the euros in 96, otherwise that would be the same I suppose.

What do you mean by west stand sorted ?

The last major works were completed in 91 to replace and extend half of the roof and replace the terracing with seats

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, onslow said:

What do you mean by west stand sorted ?

The last major works were completed in 91 to replace and extend half of the roof and replace the terracing with seats

Oh was it 91, we were trying to work out other day when it was, I assumed it was 96 same as south. 

15 minutes ago, torryowl said:

as tenants do we have to pay for any remedial work on the stadium ....i would have thought its down to the owners .

Used to work at a Windows company and I remember the gaffer saying external was owners and internal was tennant.

Long time ago and completely different scenarios I know.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

We’re honestly so much better with a new owner coming in, not paying for ground - leaving Chansiri with it to sort it out and flipping off on a ground share somewhere 

Kick Rotherham out of Don Valley and were sorted 🤠

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, danblakemore said:

This. 

12 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

I know someone who has to quote for the work. There’s a few bits need doing around the ground. 

Can either of you elaborate on those points. 

dont need names of company’s and pictures of invoices etc, but surely you can give us a bit more. 

1 minute ago, TheSlicer said:

Can either of you elaborate on those points. 

dont need names of company’s and pictures of invoices etc, but surely you can give us a bit more. 

It might identify those involved in quoting/doing the work

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It might identify those involved in quoting/doing the work

Surely that would be only if they had one company to quote for the work?  

fair dos if they can’t would just have been nice to get a little more info. 

4 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

I know someone who has to quote for the work. There’s a few bits need doing around the ground. 

Few bits - are you an estate agent by any chance ?

• Haha 7