Look how many SWFC players are end of contract

18 hours ago, torryowl said:

the market will be full of players looking for a contract so i'm sure theyll be replaced ........lets be right this squad cost us next to nowt in transfer  fees just as the next one probably will .

Hmm we are so well run that over the last few years we've spent nothing on players and still managed to lose a fortune 😆

• Like 2

I think we'd be more concerned if we were locked into long term deals with too many of the current team. Danny wants to bring in more dynamic players and I'm sure he'll be planning an overhaul in the summer 'if' he's still with us. If the older players prove their worth, I'm sure they'll be offered new deals, depending on budget of course.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, SwellOwl said:

Very worrying how many are out of contract. Scares me more who may potentially be building the new team. 

It'll be the same person who's built the teams for the last 8 years- Paixio or whatever he's called. 

He's got an endless amount of poo players to get rid of at top whack fees!

10 minutes ago, darntpark said:

It'll be the same person who's built the teams for the last 8 years- Paixio or whatever he's called. 

He's got an endless amount of poo players to get rid of at top whack fees!

We've barely payed a fee for a player for 4 years

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Owl Stork said:

I think we'd be more concerned if we were locked into long term deals with too many of the current team. Danny wants to bring in more dynamic players and I'm sure he'll be planning an overhaul in the summer 'if' he's still with us. If the older players prove their worth, I'm sure they'll be offered new deals, depending on budget of course.

This, but it doesn’t suit the narrative to have a go at the club. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. 

Every season in the last 6 seasons we have had double digit players out of contract.

This is not the winds of change as the articles its just bloody poor player management. How many players once again sat in the stands not playing out the last 6 months of their contract.

we need to get the players signed up we want and sell the rest, do not have 8 or 9 players staying till the last minute cost millions in wasted money again.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Every season in the last 6 seasons we have had double digit players out of contract.

This is not the winds of change as the articles its just bloody poor player management. How many players once again sat in the stands not playing out the last 6 months of their contract.

we need to get the players signed up we want and sell the rest, do not have 8 or 9 players staying till the last minute cost millions in wasted money again.

This. Every club has contracts expiring for different reasons but not the amount we do. There is just no forward planning from the club. 

17 hours ago, steelerian said:

This is nothing new. This happens every summer, at almost every EFL club. But we still get this thread every season.

EIGHTEEN players doesn't. And the article wonders if it might be more as details of a couple of contracts (Delgado and James) aren't known. That's almost your entire starting eleven and all their first choice reserves.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, onslow said:

Wonder how many players who already know they are leaving will ease off in the next couple of months

Measure it on the Kieran Lee to Steven Fletcher scale. 

0 - they've done a Fletcher. 

100 - They've done a Kieran. 

• Like 1

On 21/03/2024 at 04:23, steelerian said:

This is nothing new. This happens every summer, at almost every EFL club. But we still get this thread every season.

Correct. Rare a club will have two or three players out of contract because in the EFL a lot will be on 1 and 2 year deals. Pro ably half a squad will be out of contract each year.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Wing Back said:

Iorfa?

2 years?

Eh?

28 years old, capable of playing a couple of positions, can be brilliant on his day, 200+ games at Championship level. Would cost way more to replace than it would to keep him on

18 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

EIGHTEEN players doesn't. And the article wonders if it might be more as details of a couple of contracts (Delgado and James) aren't known. That's almost your entire starting eleven and all their first choice reserves.

The 18 included loans who aren't even our players but doesn't Include Brennan and U21 players out of contract. 

• Like 1

On 20/03/2024 at 22:12, WalthamOwl said:

If we still have Röhl as manager I’m quite happy for him to get rid of as many as possible and bring in his own players. Trust him to do that very well. 

This 100%. The ONLY worry is that word IF. Because IF it isn’t him then I worry big style. 

2 hours ago, beswetherick said:

28 years old, capable of playing a couple of positions, can be brilliant on his day, 200+ games at Championship level. Would cost way more to replace than it would to keep him on

Incapable of playing well in his actual position with any sort of consistency, brilliant on his day?, maybe, how often do those days come around? 

He's injury prone now it would seem.

Looks terrified with the ball at his feet most of the time.

Need to try and keep some. Changing an entire team rarely works well, and if we are bringing in a dozen, many will be because they were released by their current club. Despite what some thing, most of the players at the club are of Championship standard, although lower championship. A few are around the level of top championship players - Poveda. Maybe Gassama, Musaba, Cadamarteri, Bernard if they continue to improve. 

Fletcher, Hendrick M Diaby - no loss at all. I had thought Diaby would be a good player, but Röhl doesn't seem to rate him

Gregory - time to move on

Bakinson, Byers - pretty clear Röhl doesn't see them as part of his plans

Dawson, Beadle - I'd like to think we can do better

Windass - Who knows. He offers us something when Bannan is not there, but has been injured so much, and did not excel this season. But much of that was with Munez

Pederson - while a proper left back would be nice, we haven't seen enough to say it could be him

Bernard, Ugbo, Poveda - try to keep. Might have a chance in the Championship, no chance of any of themif we are relegated

Vaulks - keep. Perfectly decent championship player. Of course, it would be wonderful to bring in an upgrade, but those players are not easy to get

Bannan, Palmer, Jonhson - Aging, but we should try and keep. Probably 1 year. Johnson especially is weak against the really good sides (as we saw against Ipswich), but against most sides, he is a danger. Not a lft back though.

Which I think leaves

No GK

Valentin, Ihiekwe, Diaby, Famewo, James

Gasama, Musaba

Cadamarteri, Smith

Whoever we can keep, it was clear that Röhl wanted another forward, that in midfield we need to bring in someone, that in central defence, we are solid against most teams, but the good ones just run through the players available, and a propper left back or left wing back would be very useful