Bottom 3 at End of Season

4 hours ago, Almat said:

So do I. Huddersfield had their own Munoz...... and it was our ex manager. 

No comparison between Darren Moore and Muñoz.  

If we'd started the season with Moore we wouldn't be in the bottom three now.  Last season, apart from the 23 game unbeaten league run, we also beat Newcastle and Sunderland in the two cups.

How easily people forget.   

The current team just gives in when they go behind.  Only Vaulks and Bannan have any fighting spirit.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Buck Rogers said:

Five games in two (ish) weeks coming up.

Seeing as we're shybo away from home and neither can we cope with three game weeks, along with injuries to our two star players, it's going to have to be another end of season miracle to stay up.

IMG_7340.thumb.jpeg.0f272ab56d83271302c12ed584aff4bd.jpeg

I'd fancy us against Stoke but I don't think any of the others will be easy. Our away form is quite bad so I don't expect results against Middlesbrough or QPR, and Norwich are a much better side than we are.

Unfortunately i do feel that we will be in the bottom three. Since November we have had 5-6 opportunities to get out of relegation so far and not taken one of them. We have been in the bottom three since week 2. Can’t see us getting out.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Lots to be optimistic about. 

Just look at the form of these candidates.

Most recent results first:-

Blackburn DDDLDDDLWLDLDLLLL

Plymouth LDLLWLLDL

Stoke LWLWLLWLLLL

Birmingham LLLDLL

Huddersfield DLLDWL

QPR and ourselves are far and away the pick of the bunch on form.

As long as Danny can get yesterday’s disaster out of the players’ heads we are in really good shape for the run-in.

For me, 23rd and 22nd come from Blackburn, Plymouth, Birmingham and Huddersfield.

6 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

If we'd started the season with Moore we wouldn't be in the bottom three now.  Last season, apart from the 23 game unbeaten league run, we also beat Newcastle and Sunderland in the two cups.

The current team just gives in when they go behind.  Only Vaulks and Bannan have any fighting spirit.

We will never know where we would be now if Moore had stopped as he didn't so that's just speculation. What is fact is how poorly he has performed since he left us - firstly in the league we are now in and  secondly in the league we were in last season. Stats don't lie.

Screenshot_2024-03-17-07-47-15-071_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 3

Would love Birmingham and Stoke to go 

I think it’ll be Birmingham and Plymouth, both seem in a right state 

Good thing about Röhl is that we lose a few and regularly get battered, but we’re never far away from our next win, and we look strong at home 

7 hours ago, Lincs Owl said:

Not sure events have borne out the views of DM being a great manager tbf. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BRADDO said:

I'm thinking we're going to drop sadly. If Bannan and Proveda are now out I think that will be it.

I really hope that both injuries are not severe. Our two most creative players out for weeks would be huge. 

I'm hoping Windass and Paterson are fit and available for our next games.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sykes said:

I'd fancy us against Stoke but I don't think any of the others will be easy. Our away form is quite bad so I don't expect results against Middlesbrough or QPR, and Norwich are a much better side than we are.

It might be bad but before yesterday we’d won the previous 2 away games so don’t rule us out winning at least 2 of the remaining 4. At home we’ll win at least 2 maybe more. It does my head in, the optimism on here. Bottom line is we’re where we are because of the start we had under Xisco. 35 points from 27 games under Röhl suggests we can get what we need from the last 8 games to survive. I know some will go on about no Bannan and no Poveda but trust the manager. We have a shot at survival because of him. We’ll do it.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Jim said:

It might be bad but before yesterday we’d won the previous 2 away games so don’t rule us out winning at least 2 of the remaining 4. At home we’ll win at least 2 maybe more. It does my head in, the optimism on here. Bottom line is we’re where we are because of the start we had under Xisco. 35 points from 27 games under Röhl suggests we can get what we need from the last 8 games to survive. I know some will go on about no Bannan and no Poveda but trust the manager. We have a shot at survival because of him. We’ll do it.

I will tell you this Jim. 

You’re right. We’re stopping up!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

So, who’s it to be. Still some on here saying we’re down. Understandable after a total annihilation today. 

For me, it’s 

Plymouth 

Birmingham

Rotherham

in that order. 

We’ll be reyt. 

Birmingham

Wednesday 

Rotherham 

The bottom two are the two worst teams this season, they deserve to go down really. 

Here's hoping for the miracle though 🍻🍻

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

I really hope that both injuries are not severe. Our two most creative players out for weeks would be huge. 

I'm hoping Windass and Paterson are fit and available for our next games.

Windass and Paterson have been out for months. 

There's no way they are going to be up to speed and ready to start games.

I think DR said Paterson wouldn't be ready much before the end of April anyway.