Röhl speaks out and doesn’t hold back

15 minutes ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

So Chansiri has picked the team to go up against one of the best in the Division with a Midfield of Bannan and Vaulks.

Regardless of thoughts onbthe Chairman this was a naive set up at best. 

Considering how He wasn't able to se ure funds for us to sign better... He party did. 

• Like 2

He’s right but it’ll not go down well with Mr C.  He’s put himself in the shop window. He’s shown what he can do, that he wants to play front foot football and what he could do with the right backing. I was hoping we could build something but the lack of backing from numpty dumpty has been laid bare today.

• Like 8

Interesting comments indeed. Clearly upset by the result but this and his recent comments  about the lean structures and his involvement in hotel bookings are quite revealing. Seems the novelty of landing his first full managerial position is fast wearing off. I doubt we have a hope in hell of hanging on to him beyond this season without positive proof of investment in the club by Chansiri. Bearing in mind our owners recent comments on the subject the chances of this are minimal.

• Like 3

I’m no Chansiri fan but Comparisons to Ipswich aren’t fair. They invested to unprecedented levels for a third tier side, and continued in the summer. I’m pretty sure that they’ve spent in excess of the likes of West Brom, Norwich and Middlesbrough let alone ourselves. Fair play to them for the season they’ve had but I fully expected them to be at least top 8 this season and rightly so for the money they’ve spent. And they’ve been building towards this for the last 3 or 4 years, first under Cook and then McKenna.

I doubt DR is having a dig at the chairman, probably more just recognising the advantages of having major investment.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

Were down

Q

And that's it

Anybody find a positive after losing  by 6 at Ipswich. 

Not man c 

Or Liverpool

Is a fukin moron..

You should not have stopped taking your medication

Result of missing medication is that you write incoherent nonsense and are having hallucinations about Liverpool !

Certainly we were down b4 Danny worked his magic.

Results today reinforced that we now have a very good chance of avoiding relegation 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, paulrs said:

I’m no Chansiri fan but Comparisons to Ipswich aren’t fair. They invested to unprecedented levels for a third tier side, and continued in the summer. I’m pretty sure that they’ve spent in excess of the likes of West Brom, Norwich and Middlesbrough let alone ourselves. Fair play to them for the season they’ve had but I fully expected them to be at least top 8 this season and rightly so for the money they’ve spent. And they’ve been building towards this for the last 3 or 4 years, first under Cook and then McKenna.

I doubt DR is having a dig at the chairman, probably more just recognising the advantages of having major investment.

Why are comparisons to Ipswich unfair? 

Edited by Rogers
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

It was a good team selection probably the best defenders he could pick and the same could be said of the rest of team selection. 

Our squad and theirs are worlds apart

I was surprised he went 4 at the back and Bannan and Vaux don't cut it against the better teams

1 minute ago, Rogers said:

Why aren’t campions to Ipswich unfair? 

What I meant was they’ve had millions to spend and been building for several seasons. We can’t realistically compete with that.

Admittedly, Chansiri had the opportunity to take a similar approach 9 years ago but that ship sailed a long long time ago 

Relax everyone DC will have this all in hand 

If someone comes in for Röhl he’ll demand a ridiculous amount in compensation, then he’ll tap up their chairman for a few cast off loan signings 

Then he’ll hire a completely different style of manager with a different philosophy to Röhl 

Edited by Django
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2