Röhl speaks out and doesn’t hold back

This (and a couple of other comments, btw) is the manager telling the fanbase what the problems are in the only terms he can without outright saying it and talking himself out of a job.

Lets see who listens.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, paulrs said:

I’m no Chansiri fan but Comparisons to Ipswich aren’t fair. They invested to unprecedented levels for a third tier side, and continued in the summer. I’m pretty sure that they’ve spent in excess of the likes of West Brom, Norwich and Middlesbrough let alone ourselves. Fair play to them for the season they’ve had but I fully expected them to be at least top 8 this season and rightly so for the money they’ve spent. And they’ve been building towards this for the last 3 or 4 years, first under Cook and then McKenna.

I doubt DR is having a dig at the chairman, probably more just recognising the advantages of having major investment.

Even though they may have spent more money I’d still suggest that the gap is still disproportionate. 

We tried a different approach in the summer, ripping up our promotion winning side, getting rid of the feel good factor of the play offs, not getting a new manager until the 11th hour and bringing in a wave of unknown players. 

Im not saying we should be up at the top half of the table with them, but the summer was suicidal and set the tone for the season. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

So Chansiri has picked the team to go up against one of the best in the Division with a Midfield of Bannan and Vaulks.

Regardless of thoughts onbthe Chairman this was a naive set up at best. 

And missed the point again 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

This (and a couple of other comments, btw) is the manager telling the fanbase what the problems are in the only terms he can without outright saying it and talking himself out of a job.

Lets see who listens.

They won't. 

If we go down, they'll be plenty who blame Röhl. 

Can see it now. 

• Like 5

And yes, I think Röhl had a mare today with his selection and deserves to get a bit of criticism. 

But there is a bigger picture here and some fans refuse to see it. 

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Interesting comments indeed. Clearly upset by the result but this and his recent comments  about the lean structures and his involvement in hotel bookings are quite revealing. Seems the novelty of landing his first full managerial position is fast wearing off. I doubt we have a hope in hell of hanging on to him beyond this season without positive proof of investment in the club by Chansiri. Bearing in mind our owners recent comments on the subject the chances of this are minimal.

Being involved in hotel bookings? Where has this quote come from? 

Just now, Rogers said:

He did a recent interview in Germany where he said that. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, paulrs said:

What I meant was they’ve had millions to spend and been building for several seasons. We can’t realistically compete with that.

Admittedly, Chansiri had the opportunity to take a similar approach 9 years ago but that ship sailed a long long time ago 

He should f*ck off then

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Rogers said:

An interview he gave to a German publication  iirc.

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

They won't. 

If we go down, they'll be plenty who blame Röhl. 

Can see it now. 

Yeah just to clarify, when I say "lets see who listens", what I really mean is "the thicko's who should listen to this almost certainly won't".

Danny could come out and give an hour long press conference detailing exactly who and what the problem is at this club, and you'd still have the usual donuts saying he's wrong because he played the wrong central midfield at Ipswich or whatever.

Brain dead.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He did a recent interview in Germany where he said that. 

Interesting. I suppose that was probably normal in the Brian Clough era; where the manager had a hand in everything. 

He’ll be driving the bus next. 

If we don't go up and McKenna gets a better offer in the summer, I really think we'd go for Danny Röhl - he'd have money to spend here and could do what he liked - no FFP to upset the apple cart.

He's much admired away from Wednesday. 

• Like 5

Röhl will get another gig should Wednesday go down and it will be a club more on the up than us. Sounds like he's alrrady getting his ducks in a row with these comments in terms of what he's after in terms of a building project.

• Like 2

I suspect Danny would say a lot more about the state of the club if he felt he could and that it would make any difference at all to DC.

In just one season, Ipswich have opened a chasm in quality and class up on us, which is driven and achieved by having a season by season plan and a strong structure and investment in place to deliver that plan; which comes from the top leadership. We have a good young manager with ability and vision and a decent coaching staff, but that's about it. Everything else about the club structure is years behind where it needs to be.

A change in ownership linked to a top to bottom restructuring of the club is needed just to get us into a position to compete. Without that it will be more of the same and Danny and his staff will leave.

Today, Danny got it wrong, but he certainly has my confidence and support. He is young and ambitious. He has to move on if he can't see a way forward and who could blame him.

• Like 5

Ipswich built a side in the Third which can play this attacking brand of football.

They've kept the same manager, and they've added to that squad.

In other words, they've had contimuity.

It's been a seamless progression.

Even if Moore had stayed and we'd had a preseason, we wouldn't have done an Ipswich.

We had an old, slow team which played a laboured brand of football.

Add to that poo investment, the managerial merry-go-roung, no preseason, and a team unsuited to Roehl's style, then it's no surprise that we're where we are.

Today was a good opportunity to take the temperature of both clubs almost one year on from going up.

It seems we're suffering from an unpleasant fever, and it's all down to juggins.

Chansiri out!

• Like 5