Röhl speaks out and doesn’t hold back

9 minutes ago, SiJ said:

They won't. 

If we go down, they'll be plenty who blame Röhl. 

Can see it now. 

Same people who spit and curse at people with Chansiri out leaflets..strange that there’s a type of fan that cannot see what’s happening. 

It was the same under Dave Allen when were sleepwalking to oblivion, some fans backed him until the end. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, BRADDO said:

Danny has clearly had enough time to see the club from within and decided it's an utter sheeite show. Pulis and Bruce took one look and couldn't wait to get out. Danny will be gone at the season's end to a club where his talents can better be utilised.

Sadly I think this is true. 

We can then chalk it up as yet another Chansiri failure whilst we waste away most likely in L1. 

The potential of our club is massive and it it truly boils my p!ss we haven’t had any investment in our infrastructure or stadium for years. No plan. Then there’s the mass amount of issues under the current regime. It’s just sad really. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Dalai Farmer ITFC said:

If we don't go up and McKenna gets a better offer in the summer, I really think we'd go for Danny Röhl - he'd have money to spend here and could do what he liked - no FFP to upset the apple cart.

He's much admired away from Wednesday. 

Yes, I think he'd be a good fit.

He'd have the players to play his style, which he doesn't have here.

Nobody will hang around long with Chansiri as chairman.

He must be amongst the top two or three worst owners in the country.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Ipswich aren't even the days only illustration of this.

Anyone watching Coventry at Wolves at lunch time in the cup surely must have had the same "another club bypassing us on the way back up" thought as I did.

And that's a team who have recently played in League Two at a ground 40 miles away. They look like they're playing in a different league to us. Might well be by the summer (if not 2 leagues).

We are rotting, and those who are standing in the way of the voices trying to change it or complicit.

Spot on.

Clubs are almost dying, dropping down the leagues and then getting a structure in place and waving us goodbye.

Whilst we have fans who fight and argue with those of us who want a competent owner

• Like 4

1 hour ago, oneeyedmilkman said:

I think Röhl is the only thing really keeping the fans and the club together at this point, and the feel good factor he's created has dampened down talks and acts of protest beyond yellow paper and a van. I kind of hope this has been said with the chairman in mind, because no fan would back him over Röhl. 

This is spot on

Forget the result today this manager is fantastic and will prove it somewhere wherever that is

I love Röhl but I’d sacrifice him to get rid of the regime 

25 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

Well that reads like he’s off when the season ends then.

I hope he does his best to keep us up in the meantime but that’s the first time he’s sounded like he’s had enough of how we are ran

He looked as if he had enough just before the end of the transfer window ( we had already got Ugbo) when we had failed to land targets,  before Poveda arrived. 

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

And there are fans who still think Röhl will stick around into next season.

Whether we stay up or go down, he’s walking in the Summer.

Don’t think he will - why would he?

A young talented manager at a club with big potential and a fanbase who love him.

He will see the benefits of a full season at his first club.

We can check who is right at the beginning of the season, I really hope it’s me.

lol

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

Being involved in hotel bookings? Where has this quote come from? 

Recent interview, think it was to German press. Whether intentional or not he’s gradually letting slip bits of information about the inner workings of Chansiri’s Wednesday and none of it sounds good if we want to hold on to him.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Spookone said:

A young talented manager at a club with big potential and a fanbase who love him.

We can check who is right at the beginning of the season, I really hope it’s me.

lol

A young talented manager at a club with an owner who makes his job nearly impossible.

Regardless of potential at the club, it’ll never get realised with this current owner.

Why would Röhl want to hang around and have another season working for Chumpsiri?

If he keeps us up his stock will be high and he may get the chance to manage a club with a realistic and real ambition of getting into the Premier League.

No manager would choose to continue working at Wednesday under our current circumstances over that.

I hope you are the one who’s right but taking my blue and white specs off, I really don’t see it.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Recent interview, think it was to German press. Whether intentional or not he’s gradually letting slip bits of information about the inner workings of Chansiri’s Wednesday and none of it sounds good if we want to hold on to him.

We all know he likes to micro manage so this comes as no surprise.

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Even if Moore had stayed and we'd had a preseason, we wouldn't have done an Ipswich.

No, we wouldn't have been at the heights they are, but I'd put my house on it that we wouldn't have started the season like we did under Disco, either.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sykes said:

No, we wouldn't have been at the heights they are, but I'd put my house on it that we wouldn't have started the season like we did under Disco, either.

If we'd had no manager at all we probably wouldn't have had such a dreadful start as we did under Sh*tshow.

_102831385_moorerex2.jpg.637bf5dc3dd86328c75af0b343f01eeb.png.1e596969137054eec321c8ee465ddfa0.png.42b97a698fac4e12592d7330693a848c.png

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Blatter said:

The optimistic side to me thinks this is Röhl putting the feelers out, he knows he’s off at the end of the season but loves the fans and wants better for the club. 

This and Hansi Flick and Timo Werner coming to Hillsborough, we all know rich people talk and have contacts. 

Maybe I’m just a bit drunk and whats more likely is us in LG2 still under DC’s command. How depressing.

Simple really, apparently a superficial owner milking the club out of every last penny opposed to owners that really do see the long game. 
Luongo dominated midfield today, he was unceremoniously discarded by somone at the club not too long ago. 
UTO

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sykes said:

Well, Your house is aware of how Moore is doing at Port Vale?! 

47 minutes ago, Spookone said:

lol

A club with what potential ? barring a loyal fan base what else do Wednesday offer. Hillsboro is literally falling apart and needs millions spending to bring it to at least a respectable situation. We have the worst training and youth facilities in South Yorkshire and add  Middlewood training ground the 1st team use to all of that we offer the sum of nothing. Fans funding tuna  is my thoughts. UTO

• Like 1

If we go down, even in spite of Chansiri's running of the club I think Röhl has the ability to build a side which can perform similarly to how McKenna has got Ipswich playing. If we come up into the Championship playing attacking football with confidence and youthful energy we can certainly challenge in this league just like Ipswich have done.

I hope Röhl sees that too and it's enough of a reason for him to stick around while he's still relatively unproven in management. He's only seen 10% of what we're capable of in terms of support and he's already impressed with us. I hope he sticks around long enough to see the other 90%.