Bannan/Poveda could miss Swansea

6 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

As daft as it sounds that defeat may have a positive effect. After seeing that scoreline Swansea will be convinced that they only have to turn up to get the 3 points.

That’s something of an exaggeration, but they will undoubtedly be on a high after just beating Cardiff.

• Like 2

On 17/03/2024 at 05:18, Umeeksk said:

We do have one other option as cover for Bannan: Rio Shipston.

We should absolutely have him training with the first team for the rest of the season.

I really don’t understand the calls for Shipston. You do know he only made the bench for the U21’s the other week, right? He’s MILES off the required level.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

If they are both injured I’d play…

IMG_7572.jpeg.fd7a2c12384b7be63de087494868aa8c.jpeg

Subs;

Dawson

Famewo

James

M. Diaby

Hendrick

Gassama

Smith

Windass

Paterson

Cadamarteri has been struggling massively. Should be nowhere near the starting line up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Can we recall Byers?  not sure what the situation is with that, im guessing not.

We were winning games without Poveda before he joined so thats not a massive problem, but losing Bannan would be a disaster in my view.  Our centre of midfield is weak enough as it is now, thanks to the lack of incomings in January.    We would be desperate for Windass to come back as a number 10, with Vaulks and Palmer/Diaby sitting.  Or pray that someone like Shipston can suddenly make the step up.   Otherwise we would be in the sh**

• Like 3

Losing these 2 is worse than the heavy loss. If we don't have our best 2 players available, the confidence in the entire squad becomes brittle. Fingers crossed they recover OK but  I'm now very worried....

• Like 5

It was a massive risk letting Byers leave on loan, it's going to come back and bite us on the backside.

I don't think Röhl trusts Momo Diaby, there's potential but his decision-making just isn't good enough. But for me, it's either him or Palmer if Bannan is unavailable. I doubt Jeff Hendrick will be considered. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bassetts Allsorts said:

It was a massive risk letting Byers leave on loan, it's going to come back and bite us on the backside.

I don't think Röhl trusts Momo Diaby, there's potential but his decision-making just isn't good enough. But for me, it's either him or Palmer if Bannan is unavailable. I doubt Jeff Hendrick will be considered. 

Diaby is so slow on the ball. A boat on the Suez canal turns quicker than him. But we're hardly blessed with other options are we? We all said it at the time - to let Byers go and not bring in a replacement was such a poor choice to make.

We're in big trouble if we lose Bannan for a long period of time. 

• Like 2

We’re going to have to adapt if we’re without them it’s simple. Love Röhl but don’t understand us going away to places like Millwall battling it out and earning the right to play then going kamikaze at a top side. Look at Millwall since Harris has come back in. Might not be pretty but it’s effective.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stan Dupowls said:

Losing these 2 is worse than the heavy loss. If we don't have our best 2 players available, the confidence in the entire squad becomes brittle. Fingers crossed they recover OK but  I'm now very worried....

Getting these two back, or not, will be season defining.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bluesteel. said:

Why is it always the key players who get injured 

Always feels like it but tbh the likes of Delgado / Paterson / mo diaby / iorfa have been out the longest this season . Only really iorfa is a starter and even he’s touch and go as to whether he should be . 

most of our best 11 have been fit for the lions share of the season 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Always feels like it but tbh the likes of Delgado / Paterson / mo diaby / iorfa have been out the longest this season . Only really iorfa is a starter and even he’s touch and go as to whether he should be . 

most of our best 11 have been fit for the lions share of the season 

Yeah we will always get injuries but last season it was the duo of Byers and Windass.. before that we lost Luongo and Steven Fletcher which was season defining and prior to that it was Hooper, Lee, Forestieri. We have had some bad luck with combo injuries at key times 

15 hours ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

I really don’t understand the calls for Shipston. You do know he only made the bench for the U21’s the other week, right? He’s MILES off the required level.

Have you ever watched him ?? A lot of us have and have the opinion that he isn’t miles off but could actually add something to a very weak midfield. 

Like any young player he is nowhere near the finished article but would be more of an asset than playing Palmer or Momo Diaby in CM.