Bannan/Poveda could miss Swansea

37 minutes ago, Django said:

I think the least worse option is to put Palmer in there, at least he’s relatively comfortable on the ball 

He was dreadful against Leeds in the middle to be fair 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

What's he going to do, fall down his stairs at home before the next game.

It is well documented on here that the training pitch causes a lot of injuries and home barbecues can be very dangerous

I personally thought palmer was awful against Leeds in the middle because he was so uncomfortable playing quick football. The poveda injury is slightly less worrisome If windass is back, but there's no solace whatsoever if Barry is out. Stick him in an oxygen tank for 2 weeks or something. We are turd without him

• Like 5

Can’t see Danny giving Windass 90. Let alone playing him at Boro three days later.

As for Bannan’s cover I’d imagine it’s Palmer. Momo really doesn’t work.

I’m a huge Bannan fan, but I hope it means we’ll see Johnson taking set-pieces.

But overall, it’s terrible news.

1 hour ago, Django said:

I think the least worse option is to put Palmer in there, at least he’s relatively comfortable on the ball 

Yeah that comfortable he fannied about and gave the ball away for Leeds 1st goal.

He's simply not good enough fo central midfield.

• Like 4

All in hindsight, travelling fans had no idea of the lineup before making the trip.

I looked at that lineup today and thought "not a chance". That's all I needed.

It was a rock and roll line up, that failed to rock and just rolled over. 

The combative element wasn't there. Seems as tho, Palmer, Valentin, Famewo and using Johnson further forward adds to the combativeness of the team. Gassama, Poveda, Musaba, should never start as a trio. Experiment failed.

Edited by bigash_swfc
  • Like 1

Ffs.

Probably the 2 most integral players to our survival push, I’d even go as far to say Poveda more so than Bannan.

Isn't Windass training again? Hopefully he’s ready & Palmer is capable of putting in one decent performance at CM, but Momo worries me. 

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

I poveda will be fine, one of those that keeps him out for internstional duty so he doesnt have to travel and stay rested for final games of the season.

Hope you're right

14 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Imagine going into a run of must-win relegation deciding games playing Palmer or Diaby in the heart of midfield, though.

🤦‍♂️

They could not have been any worse than Yesterday.

Just now, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Great window though apparently 

🙄

We might just get away with it; we might not.

But for a Wednesday fan to be crowing about a 'very good window' and mocking those of us with concerns over our lack of strength in depth was utterly bizarre.

If Bannan and Poveda are out for a lengthy spell, then we could be in all sorts of trouble.