Ipswich Town v Owls Matchday Thread

Ipswich are very good at coming back after conceding (more points that anyone in the league I think?), but after BPF blowing the 1-0 lead in injury time at Portman Road and them coming back from 2-0 last season (that Smith miss for 3-0, but Flint hitting the bar near the end too...), I feel like we owe them one.

• Like 4

That probably will be the starting XI, but presumably we'll set up in Danny's favoured lopsided formation, as per our pre-Leeds 5/6 wins (albeit with Iorfa in place of Palmer)...

Beadle  

Iorfa  -  Ihiekwe  -  Bernard

Vaulks  -  Bannan  -  Johnson

Valentin - Poveda       -       Gassama

Ugbo

• Like 2

I've had a look at their games and compared them with Leeds.

They're at least as good as Leeds and at home.

DR will set up to have a go at it but if we don't notch in the first half I expect we're pointless.

I know owt can happen but if we keep the GD decent I'll be happy.

• Like 5

Thanks, Holmowl. In answer to your question, the match should have been played in February, but, like several others in the round, was postponed until March. But the ties couldn't be played in midweek, because the next round was the following weekend, so there had to be time for any replays before then. Even that wasn't enough for Luton and Watford, who ended up meeting 3 times in 6 days (they also played in the league on the 19th, making it 4 in 16, and had faced each other in the league at the start of February too). Luton's 'reward' for coming through this epic clash against their local rivals was the infamous game against Millwall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Brilliant holmowl, I liked the story at the end, anyway think we win this 2-1 but would be happy with a draw, just hope the others around us have poor results too to keep the pressure on them. Uto 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thinking positively, they have almost the same team we played last year and we matched them and I think we are a better team now.  

Of course, a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then and they are riding on the crest of a wave. 

Head says 3-1 loss. Heart feels like we might snatch something. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sova said:

Thanks, Holmowl. In answer to your question, the match should have been played in February, but, like several others in the round, was postponed until March. But the ties couldn't be played in midweek, because the next round was the following weekend, so there had to be time for any replays before then. Even that wasn't enough for Luton and Watford, who ended up meeting 3 times in 6 days (they also played in the league on the 19th, making it 4 in 16, and had faced each other in the league at the start of February too). Luton's 'reward' for coming through this epic clash against their local rivals was the infamous game against Millwall.

Thanks that’s great.

I don’t recall that at all. When I checked the date and saw it was a Monday I thought I was going mad.

6 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I've had a look at their games and compared them with Leeds.

They're at least as good as Leeds and at home.

DR will set up to have a go at it but if we don't notch in the first half I expect we're pointless.

I know owt can happen but if we keep the GD decent I'll be happy.

Not sure I agree with that, Leeds have more points, more goals, more wins, better GD than Ipswich. 
Leeds have done the double over Ipswich this season, scoring 8 goals past them, including a 4-0 win. 
Leeds have premier league players, Ipswich squad is largely the same as league 1 squad. 
In Ipswich last 4 home games they have needed goals in the 81st minute+ to win by one goal,  in 3 of those games they’ve needed goals after 90 minutes to win the points

I don’t like Leeds, but if I was a Leeds fan hearing that Ipswich were at least as good as them, I would be confused. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, sMacLean said:

Can see this being a 0-0.

id defo take a point but cant see it been 0-0 . danny admits he will never set up to park the bus dont matter who we play . so teams will always get chances to score against us and we need to take our chances when we get them if we are to take anything today..  ipswich are a funny team , done incredibly but also had a shocking run at start of year 1 win in 9 before 6wins in a row . seen them in 1/2 games recently the cardiff away game they looked beyond ordinary very slow and laboured with the ball ,you can see from that game why they had a bad run . but they have an incredible team spirit and come back and win many games . 

for us to stop up we will need to pull off unexpected results like millwall and qpr did recently , you cant just say we will win swansea home etc etc it never works like that.  a win today would take the pressure off otherwise swansea stoke blackburn etc will become must wins 

• Like 1