Ipswich Town v Owls Matchday Thread

5 minutes ago, Owl Stork said:

I don't know why, but I'm feeling an against the odds 0-2 win. Maybe at last we'll have a flawless defensive display, score from a corner and get awarded a pen. We're due an upset.

Awarded a what?

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

37 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

We’ve been absolutely awful against the top 8 all season. No change today, we will get battered, but we will stay up.

Thanks Holmowl, brilliant again. Yes, we have seen all these upsets lately and I was racking my brain trying to think of one for us. So we’re due one. Take our chances and we’re in.  C’mon Wednesday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Thanks Holmowl, brilliant again. Yes, we have seen all these upsets lately and I was racking my brain trying to think of one for us. So we’re due one. Take our chances and we’re in.  C’mon Wednesday.

Very welcome.

Funny thing is, we’ve been getting logical results.

Logically we had little chance against Leeds and Leicester. Sure enough, we lost.

Logically we had a good chance against Birmingham,  Millwall, Bristol City, Rotherham and Plymouth. Hey Presto we won the lot.

If we can win the remaining games in which we have a good chance, we stay up. We don’t need an upset.

Though I’d love one today.

• Like 3

Ipswich score a lot but do concede quite a lot, too. I expect a high energy, high pressing game and we'll need to be flawless in defence. There are goals in this for us, but Ipswich have some really dangerous players.

Get Iorfa on Moore, nullify Chaplins ability to create and don't allow him to shoot from range. 

Come one Wednesday. Let's have a result today!!

• Like 2

As has been said our record against the top sides is awful. We simply don’t have the quality to beat them. Can’t see that changing today against a very good Ipswich side. We have to hope that teams around us lose today and the gap doesn’t get bigger. Then it’s time to string a few wins together in our next more winnable games. 

• Like 1

Super stories, HolmOwl!   I was there that night, working in Framlingham just north of Ipswich at the time, though I have no idea why it was a Monday evening.  As you say a ridiculous robbery.  Let’s hope the swings/roundabout analogy plays it’s part in today’s outome

2-1 Wednesday.  “Time to go,” said Zebedee!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Belgradeowl said:

Super stories, HolmOwl!   I was there that night, working in Framlingham just north of Ipswich at the time, though I have no idea why it was a Monday evening.  As you say a ridiculous robbery.  Let’s hope the swings/roundabout analogy plays it’s part in today’s outome

2-1 Wednesday.  “Time to go,” said Zebedee!

Time for BED said Zebedee, and yes we’ll be asleep all afternoon.

• Like 2

WE'RE THE  SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY AND WE'RE STAYING UP

8 minutes ago, BOOFABI said:

Famous? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Awarded a what?

I woke up this morning with a positive mental attitude. sun shining, birds singing ( owls ) and thought what a lovely day to go and get a decent away win. although based on our record this season i reckon the only pen we will see is when the ref gets it out of his pocket to book one of our players again lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2