Ipswich Town v Owls Matchday Thread

I can accept defeat, and did not really expect anything from Leeds/Ipswich, a point would have been a Brucie bonus. But what I cannot accept is that kind of performance yesterday, it was gutless, no fight, no passion, no heart. These players get paid a fortune compared to our fans, who fork out with high priced tickets to see a shower of Sh!t. Absolutely shameful, the fans have been let down big style.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Owl.1867 said:

Are you slow?

You realise that between going at over 2ppg and losing every game left there's a huge middle ground?

Think you might be.

You said we're one away form safety which is 39 points. 😂

50 points for me...

48 minutes ago, andypandy said:

I can accept defeat, and did not really expect anything from Leeds/Ipswich, a point would have been a Brucie bonus. But what I cannot accept is that kind of performance yesterday, it was gutless, no fight, no passion, no heart. These players get paid a fortune compared to our fans, who fork out with high priced tickets to see a shower of Sh!t. Absolutely shameful, the fans have been let down big style.

This plus the fact that this type of collapse has happened far too often this season though not quite to the extent of conceding six goals. Big clear out needed. The defence concedes far too easily and we're the lowest scorers in the Championship.

10 hours ago, Mighty Quinn said:

Let's look on the bright side, Huddersfield didn't win and had a man sent off   lol

Unfortunately no matter how badly things go for our rivals, performances like yesterday make it less meaningful. I hope DR is taking careful note when it comes down to renewing contracts, or more likely not renewing them, based on yesterday's abysmal efforts and on the other eight 'cup finals' that we now face.

16 hours ago, RichySWFC said:

The cheery you have picked is Ipswich, what about Plymouth? Wednesday had a 10 point deduction at the start of the season. Ipswich are on a 1 in a 100 performance. There's a good chance were playing them next season and they could well be saying the same.

Im not aware of any 10 point deduction, although it was like one appointing Munoz.

Plymouth, their forms dipped since they changed manager upto that point they were doing well, they brought in a couple of players for 1M each in the summer, both very decent acquisitions for the division, banged in 24 more goals then us, but have begun to ship a few goals. Off the pitch their owners looking for investment and has advertised the fact, their grounds been upgraded on three sides, theyve 5 scouts working towards improvement in quality, their average attendance is 16400 ish, compared to our 26K ish, which limits them financially, on the plus side their 18K capacity means they sell out most games, where as Wednesday have close on 10K of empty seats each week! Plymouth are a VERY well run football club, if they did go down Id have more confidence in them coming straight back up then us.

Lets hope we are playing Ipswich next season pal, its not looking likely this morning and we wont be taking much confidence into the next game after yesterday

5 hours ago, slinger208b said:

Think you might be.

You said we're one away form safety which is 39 points. 😂

50 points for me...

Oh my word. We are a point away from the line now, as in we're not adrift. No ones saying that means we only need one point all season.

Jesus wept.

1 minute ago, Owl.1867 said:

Oh my word. We are a point away from the line now, as in we're not adrift. No ones saying that means we only need one point all season.

Jesus wept.

You are evidently struggling to say what you mean but I think I've figured it out.

I don't believe in Jesus, sorry...

On 16/03/2024 at 19:39, Brando17 said:

6.0 at Ipswich..

Let that sink in...

You are just another major Negative poster !!!

Get herself a chill pill pal and support the owls.

No point looking back every time we fail to win 5-0 is there !!!!

UTO - In Danny We trust

Edited by OwlerIT2