FA Cup 2024

10 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

The TV picks are disgusting. 3rd round is all about giant killings and upsets. The only game they've chose which could be classed as that is Wigan v Man Utd .

That would only be a giant killing if Utd win.

• Haha 3

Another disgraceful red card. Never been a sending off . You can understand a ref getting the odd one wrong only sering it once at full speed from one angle, but VAR have no excuse to get it wrong. Shameful.

Ironically, VARs main contribution to the game has been to highlight even more how crap out officials are.

They get two chances to make the wrong decision as opposed to one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Another disgraceful red card. Never been a sending off . You can understand a ref getting the odd one wrong only sering it once at full speed from one angle, but VAR have no excuse to get it wrong. Shameful.

I didn’t watch the game. I’ve heard the reports, minimal contact. But also the ref had a perfect view of the tackle and didn’t give it? Is that right? If so VAR shouldn’t be getting involved 

Just now, Essix Blue said:

I didn’t watch the game. I’ve heard the reports, minimal contact. But also the ref had a perfect view of the tackle and didn’t give it? Is that right? If so VAR shouldn’t be getting involved 

Pretty much.

Called him over to the monitor.

Utterly farcical.

They can't help but use the system to try and send someone off, chalk off a goal, give a pen etc. 

• Like 4

That's got to be a record for the least forceful challenge to get a red for dangerous play?

An incredible decision. It's not even a foul. 

The fact he goes over to look at it and doesn't laugh and say "get the fuck out" to the VAR team just goes to show 1) the spineless incompetence of the officials and 2) the absolute lack of football knowledge from all involved in deeming what rules the officials have to abide by.

Gave absolutely nothing while looking straight at it in open play. Looks at a super slow-mo and decides it's excessive force. Rubbish.

• Like 4