New Head of Recruitment Appointed

13 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Obviously it would be good if this guy knows a lot of decent freebies 

The difficult part will be finding these freebies, before anyone else notices.

Otherwise our wage budget reduces us to only rejects (again) 

Have you not heard he’s gona be paying 30k a week ….no prombles 😆👍

• Haha 2

Why/how are we getting quality staff on board after all that has happened? This to me shows that we have some scope in January to make some good signings, moving players on and finding clubs who are willing.

Makes no sense but I suppose that is the beauty of this football club - bonkers.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Why/how are we getting quality staff on board after all that has happened? This to me shows that we have some scope in January to make some good signings, moving players on and finding clubs who are willing.

Makes no sense but I suppose that is the beauty of this football club - bonkers.

Indeed i just made a similar point in the other thread.  All these new staff members are talking about January as if we have plans to sign a few players (and good ones).  It's bizarre we have gone from the owner asking fans for £2m,  to having some kind of transfer budget in January.    

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

We've appointed a highly regarded coach, now a manager, they are coming to the club for him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chansiri says no more money being put into the club.  Then suddenly brings a new manager in and a load of top coaches.  Then says that he will back the manager in the January transfer window.  At one point he could not pay the tax man 2 million, then pays it the next day. Whichever way you look at it, it doesn't seem to add up. Could their be someone else pulling the strings. According to DC he is not selling the club. But he as change how the club is being run. DC must be paying all these new guys a decent salary.  They are all good guys in their given field's and won't have come cheap. The team are starting to look the part. Come January if we are still in touch and we add a few new players we could actually stay up. Uto

• Like 4

Another splendid stepping stone on the way to recovery . If we allow this guy , working alongside  the manager and coaching team, to identify targets we can build a team full of potential ... Thank you for this Mr Chansiri ...   Keep up the good work ... If only we had done this 4 or 5 years ago .... 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Obviously it would be good if this guy knows a lot of decent freebies 

The difficult part will be finding these freebies, before anyone else notices.

Otherwise our wage budget reduces us to only rejects (again) 

Successful heads of recruitment do these kind of things.

• Like 4

Just looks like we won’t be repeating the time honoured tradition of signing journeymen on their last payout. Hopefully shopping in and around younger players either on loan or released from academies. Like when we picked up Dele and Adeniran. Who both would probably have thrived in a DR team

• Like 2

Good stuff.

Now we have a talented team around a manager with great attitude, approach & potential we just need a coherent, sustainable business strategy for the club to complete the set - one that has supporter & community at its heart…..

• Like 2

I do believe these approach changes are directly from Chansiri, rather than some sexy Red Bull takeover story etc. 

Publicly he is a big man child, and will never admit his mistakes. But privately he does seem popular with others and dare I say it, does seem to learn from his mistakes. And then a new mistake enters his repertoire…

• Like 1

He seems to have relevant experience but the proof will be in the pudding come 31st January when we look at our transfer window business and IF we have signed anyone to strengthen a very weak squad.

as we could bring in the best people in world football but if DC does not have a pot to ******** in it wont make any difference.

• Like 1

I hoped for somebody good in role with proven record. 

However this appointment exceeds my expectations. If you look at some of the talent he has been responsible for finding and the contacts he must have in the game its a remarkable appointment. Anyone who has worked for Ferguson ad Weger in a key position for a long period has to be excellent at their job.

This has convinced me something is happening behind the scenes at Wednesday. Think a deal has been done to take over club and dependant on us staying in Championship. Or DC gets much less if we are relegated. It is not a matter of if DC goes but when.

No way is this recruitment consistent with anything that has gone on previously.  Try as they might the non Wednesday fans on here can not fault anything which has been done in last couple of months regards recruitment. They are now reduced to sarky comments and hoping something goes awry.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, malek said:

Sounds like a very ambitious recruit, just like that of our manager and his coaching team.

Cardiff signed McGuiness from Arsenal, possibly through Beadell's contacts.

I was wondering too if he had sorted the mcguiness deal if so a great bit of buisness

• Like 2