Return to the Championship Transfer Rumour MEGATHREAD (In memory of Gurujuan)

I've been one to joke and consider Vardy finally joining, but I've gone back on that idea and instead picture his arrival at S6 to simply turn out as Jordan Rhodes 2.0.

Let's get a good striker about 10 years younger, one to make his own name for himself here.

• Like 1

If we can compete wages wise, surely players will look at the incredible scenes created by the club over the past couple of weeks and jump at the chance to join?

I think the Moore factor will be a huge pull too.

Quietly confident we will do some good business this summer. 

• Like 4

Well, we've certainly been run on a budget and achieved promotion within our means, as far as I can tell, considering we haven't paid much in fees for several seasons and had a much smaller squad.

Considering the little cup run, play off campaign and likely £7-10m uplift in TV money (taking into account the new deal lined up for 2024) should give us some scope to invest, without being concerned about FFP.

We also need to make much better use of the loan market and being in the championship now puts us in a position to compete for players. The positive national coverage of late won't do us any harm either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daavies; said:

out of contract this summer, 26 years old, Right winger with pace and plays regularly for Ireland - Sort of signing I would be delighted with.

He was getting rave reviews. I think he’s played rwb and striker too?

35 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

If we can compete wages wise, surely players will look at the incredible scenes created by the club over the past couple of weeks and jump at the chance to join?

I think the Moore factor will be a huge pull too.

Quietly confident we will do some good business this summer. 

Feel exactly the same. Automatic promotion and winning the league would have been good for discussions but wierdly we have the best of both worlds with such a huge points tally and then the publicity of that campaign in the playoffs and the crowd drama. It could be a huge factor in players wanting to join 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beswetherick said:

Ogbene mostly played as a striker for Toytown this season according to WhoScored. 22 appearances, 6 goals and 2 assists up front. Can’t remember much of him from last season apart from being pretty fast?

He was one of their better players in the away win I remember that. Would make sense trying to snap him up on a free as he could be worth a fair bit 

Seen Reece James wants to get a permanent deal here if possible. Seems like an easy decision to make. Dependable and reliable, already knows the club, no fee, can't be massive wages.

Sign him up for me.

Edited by CalmJimmers
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Scott Twine ................ Burnley looking to give him a season long loan in the championship after his last season was decimated with injury ............. Came back for the last 8 games!

Good call

Talented player, just the type of player we need...

• Like 4

Ben House striker from Lincoln, 12 goals in 38 appearances. 21 year old. Nice turn and through ball for their goal at Sincil bank. Scottish u21, ba and pato should be able to ave a word. modest fee, lower wages. has player in centre mid as well.

Fraser Nathan , Wolves 18 year old  7 goals in 23 P/L u21 games 

Ethan Hamilton , Accrington 24 centre mid holding, former Man U apprentice of year twice. already played a season in championship for Peterborough. Contract up at  Accy.

Regan Poole already mentioned a number of times.

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

Teams like Newcastle (rich and have the pull of the Champions league) might be stopping at the higher end of the market these days and youngsters might not get a look in. 

Surprised the likes of Murphy got a game last season, he was average in the Championship imo.

Been excellent at NUFC according to my geordie mates..