Return to the Championship Transfer Rumour MEGATHREAD (In memory of Gurujuan)

Jesurun Rak-Sakyi hype post again. 

Rumours he's going to Ipswich, no further advancements on that yet. 

We were sniffing around in January, would not be surprised if we got him. 

Watch this space 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Most important transfer window for years, Lower division freebies, won’t make an immediate impact in the championship. We are going to have to pay decent fees for any player that will improve us. Money needs spending and considering our record when buying players, I’m not confident that we’ll get the right players in. Fingers crossed our scouting department are on top of their game.

Like Twine has made no impact at Burnley..looked great at MK Dons though. 

But could be a “Stevie May” signing

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Rogers said:

Like Twine has made no impact at Burnley..looked great at MK Dons though. 

But could be a “Stevie May” signing

Twine had a bad injury in the first half of the season and getting in a Burnley side who were flying was always gonna be a big ask. Could be a quality loan signing if he can find his Franchise form in the Championship

• Like 1

You ask Wednesday Fans and they’d probably want 2 or 3 Barnsley players signing.

You ask Barnsley Fans and they’d probably say they wouldn’t want any of our players.

We finished 3rd, 10 points above them. Beat them in a play-off final and are subsequently playing championship football next season.

Welcome to the bizarre world of the South Yorkshire football fan. No other area like it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jim said:

You ask Wednesday Fans and they’d probably want 2 or 3 Barnsley players signing.

You ask Barnsley Fans and they’d probably say they wouldn’t want any of our players.

We finished 3rd, 10 points above them. Beat them in a play-off final and are subsequently playing championship football next season.

Welcome to the bizarre world of the South Yorkshire football fan. No other area like it.

Anyone in League 1 would have Smith.  Not many in the Championship though.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Luton have released Iksted, the keeper who played against us on monday and was really impressive. Would be a good free signing in my opinion. 

Looking at his career he hasn't really done anything bar this spell with Barnsley. I wonder if he just had a worldie game or is he starting to peak?

I imagine he'll go back to Barnsley permanently as the first-choice goalkeeper.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Agreed. Don't think he's going to be mobile enough for scoring many in.championship.

Rotherham did not fight to keep him after promotion from league 1 season before 

well that’s wrong. They were desperate to keep him offering him a really good contract for a club like Rotherham. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, striker said:

Seems strange to me people debating Smith's future. Our first player in 12 years to end a season with 20+ goals. 

Different options, yes. But Smith certainly has a part to play IMO. 

Smith was stand-out quality against Newcastle in t’cup. He may surprise a few in championship & needs t’be given a chance.

• Like 4

I'm surprised there are so many writing off Smith.

He just scored 18 goals for us in League One, and although the stats disguise the fact that only 12 came from open play, what he brings to the squad can't be underestimated.

He's not the most technically gifted footballer, and his finishing can leave a lot to be desired at times, but he's a physical presence who works his socks off and can be a real handful for opposition defences. We're going to need that in our squad.

Hopefully we'll bring in one or two new forwards with different attributes, but Smith will surely still have a part to play as we transition back into the Championship.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, sheffwed1 said:

well that’s wrong. They were desperate to keep him offering him a really good contract for a club like Rotherham. 

correct.

Smith wasn’t good on Monday…. But who was ?

He will be more than useful next season.  Some games will suit him more than others.  

We have been crying out for more pace up top.   I think it could be more of the case we would see 60 mins of Smith or Gregory with the other on the bench coming on to replace.   Then hopefully having a new signing who is younger with some pace to play off them and can get in behind the defence.

That is what has been missing.   Only Windass really was able to do that on occasions last season.   Windass probably plays the deeper role again if sticking to the same system.

• Like 1

Smith,Gregory and Windass plus a New striker will do me. We need pace and service from out wide to supply the strikers Smith feeds off good crosses Ipswich away was a prime example more balls into the box like that and smith will bag you 20 goals again and with a quick striker at the side of him I think smith is perfect as a support striker. 

In 5 pages so far I’ve only seen one post about Ryan Manning who’s available on a free after being released from Swansea. He  is a good age at 26, he scored 5 goals and got 10 assists last season playing 43 games and was Swansea’s player of the season. I understand Leeds are looking at him too so might be a hard sell but surely he’s someone we should be doing all we can to get. 

While we’re talking Swansea, Joel Latibeaudiere can play anywhere across the back line, 34 apps 2 goals 3 assists last season and he’s only 23 so he’s a good age with a sell on value hopefully. 

Maybe George Byers can get on the phone to these two and sell the dream to them. 

I agree with Ogbene from Toytown, also a good age at 26. Would we look at a double swoop again and nab Harding to replace Hunt? 

Another one for a Hunt replacement would be Dabo who has been released from Coventry. He’s the one that missed the penalty in the final. Ex Chelsea youngster and can certainly play RWB but can play LB too. He’s 27 so not young but not too old either. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dave DJ said:

In 5 pages so far I’ve only seen one post about Ryan Manning who’s available on a free after being released from Swansea. He  is a good age at 26, he scored 5 goals and got 10 assists last season playing 43 games and was Swansea’s player of the season. I understand Leeds are looking at him too so might be a hard sell but surely he’s someone we should be doing all we can to get. 

While we’re talking Swansea, Joel Latibeaudiere can play anywhere across the back line, 34 apps 2 goals 3 assists last season and he’s only 23 so he’s a good age with a sell on value hopefully. 

Maybe George Byers can get on the phone to these two and sell the dream to them. 

I agree with Ogbene from Toytown, also a good age at 26. Would we look at a double swoop again and nab Harding to replace Hunt? 

Another one for a Hunt replacement would be Dabo who has been released from Coventry. He’s the one that missed the penalty in the final. Ex Chelsea youngster and can certainly play RWB but can play LB too. He’s 27 so not young but not too old either. 

Manning is strongly rumoured to be signing for Leeds