Return to the Championship Transfer Rumour MEGATHREAD (In memory of Gurujuan)

I wouldn’t break the squad up too much.

Iorfa should be getting a new deal to start with. Tough one with Gregory, I’d offer him a 1 year deal as I’m sure Smith and Windass / Wilks are going to be the favoured choices up front.

Be surprised to see much movement on a new striker unless a loan from prem.

I think there are many rumours Paterson is off back to Scotland.

Brown contributed to some big goals in the run in and playoffs, didn’t deserve the stick he got though would expect us to part ways.

Hunt i think will be off too.

FDB and Adeniran are tough ones. Injuries / lack of determination, however how many new players can we realistically bring in during the summer and keep the togetherness and squad spirit in?

Unlike leagues one and two I think keepers count as part of the 25. (22? In league one but keepers don’t count?)

We’ll need a keeper after Stockdale goes, but would be surprised to see Dawson ushered down to No2, unless someone good is out there. Nathan Baxter is on a free from Chelsea, just done a season on loan at Hull.

I believe Dujon Sterling (RWB) is also on a free from Chelsea having done a loan at Stoke.

Plenty of frees available this summer. I hope we are smart with it and not go too into sentimental thinking.

• Like 1

Hopefully we can be shrewd in the loan market this season. Few players I'd love us to get would be Cannon from Everton if not Simms and would like Anderson from Newcastle.  Definitely need to improve our defence and wingback.

Edited by Smokinblunts

8 minutes ago, Smokinblunts said:

Hopefully we can be shrewd in the loan market this season. Few players I'd love us to get would be Cannon from Everton if not Simms and would like Anderson from Newcastle.  Definitely need to improve our defence and wingback.

Teams like Newcastle (rich and have the pull of the Champions league) might be stopping at the higher end of the market these days and youngsters might not get a look in. 

Surprised the likes of Murphy got a game last season, he was average in the Championship imo.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Daavies; said:

out of contract this summer, 26 years old, Right winger with pace and plays regularly for Ireland - Sort of signing I would be delighted with.

He can, and has played up top and at right wing back for Ireland.

Great player and has a really great attitude. Would love to see it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, camffiti said:

If the budget is limited again ... 

Instead of bringing in the usual 11 freebies & loans

Concentrate our budget on a striker

Think budget will be looser this time but not crazy money.

2-3 signing for a fee, 2-3 free agents and 2-3 premier League loans would be my guess 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

Iorfa should be getting a new deal to start with. Tough one with Gregory, I’d offer him a 1 year deal as I’m sure Smith and Windass / Wilks are going to be the favoured choices up front.

Brown contributed to some big goals in the run in and playoffs, didn’t deserve the stick he got though would expect us to part ways.

FDB and Adeniran are tough ones. Injuries / lack of determination, however how many new players can we realistically bring in during the summer and keep the togetherness and squad spirit in?

Unlike leagues one and two I think keepers count as part of the 25. (22? In league one but keepers don’t count?)

We’ll need a keeper after Stockdale goes, but would be surprised to see Dawson ushered down to No2, unless someone good is out there. Nathan Baxter is on a free from Chelsea, just done a season on loan at Hull.

I believe Dujon Sterling (RWB) is also on a free from Chelsea having done a loan at Stoke.

Plenty of frees available this summer. I hope we are smart with it and not go too into sentimental thinking.

Re forwards, for me Smith not good enough, yeah 20 goals but wish he had an ounce of the aggression Norwood has not that id want Norwood himself. Wilks? Well, WTF is that all about. Windass , and a year for Greggs but no longer first choice. 2 needed at least. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

I'd be amazed if we're not after at least one new striker.

Smith's not proven to be a regular goalscorer at Championship level, Gregory is going to be 35 this summer, and Windass, as good as he is, might be needed in midfield. 

Wilks could come good, but I wouldn't want to rely on him, given what we've seen this season.

Add in the likelihood of another injury or two, and we could be massively up against it without reinforcements.

21 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

The squad needs breaking up big time...no where near good enough for the next level..8 players at least needed ..

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

Sterling signing for Rangers

Hoping we don't play wing backs in championship tbh so I reckon a couple of decent wingers a striker possibly a cb

League 1 was all shithousery think to have half a chance in champ we need loads more pace in the side