They might have gone up but....already in trouble

Sometimes think I’m the only Wednesdayite who genuinely has no interest in Sheff Utd 

Unless we’re in same division I couldn’t give a flyer where they are, what there doing , who owns them , or who they haven’t paid 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Sometimes think I’m the only Wednesdayite who genuinely has no interest in Sheff Utd 

Unless we’re in same division I couldn’t give a flyer where they are, what there doing , who owns them , or who they haven’t paid 

Do you live in Sheffield?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I'm the same.. As much of all the other teams in League One.. I couldn't name one single player from each off the top of my head.... If someone said the pigs had x y and z. I'd have no idea. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I just don't get that. Rivalry is what makes football. I doubt Newcastle fans despite being 3rd and the richest club in the world have no interest in Sunderland or Southampton in Pompey etc. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I live in hope that while we have another promotion push next season in division 3 and win lots of games that the pigs are getting trounced every week 

Not many sheffield doubles this season, hopefully loads next. 

says Middlewood on your location.....

• Haha 7

40 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Do you live in Sheffield?

born & bred and many blades mates,  I just genuinely don’t care unless we’re in same division 

Every chance it’s down to how far away we are from them off the pitch, but the rivalry just ain’t as intense anymore for me , I couldn’t name there first 11

Who would be a football owner though, seriously? 

You get promoted, get that massive windfall from the PL tv deal, and yet you are f*cking skint due to the previous time you were up there and the relegation. 

To have a fighting chance of staying up, you are going to need to spend decent money in the transfer market and offer competitive wages. Even then, you are likely going to be in a relegation scrap and facing the prospect of going down within a season or two. And yeah, you will have an advantage in the Championship compared to most due to the parachute payments, but you only have to look at how much of a mess Norwich, Watford and West Brom are making of things.  

Honestly couldn't care less what they are doing. They've earned their chance back up there and congrats to them. I have faith that we'll be there too, someday. 

Half my family are Blades, they give a bit of banter but otherwise they are not happy to see the other half of the city down in league one. The ones who gloat? Meh, whatever.