They might have gone up but....already in trouble

4 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Sometimes think I’m the only Wednesdayite who genuinely has no interest in Sheff Utd 

Unless we’re in same division I couldn’t give a flyer where they are, what there doing , who owns them , or who they haven’t paid 

Given it was pretty clear this thread was about them I’m surprised to see you here then 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Sometimes think I’m the only Wednesdayite who genuinely has no interest in Sheff Utd 

Unless we’re in same division I couldn’t give a flyer where they are, what there doing , who owns them , or who they haven’t paid 

Bang on fella!

wont be sending congratulations either!

******** em

UTO 

14 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

They were still under the Parachute payments, what happened to them?.

They borrowed against them when last on prem so didn't see the payments, one of reasons they are in a mess. 

History about to repeat itself by looks of it. 

19 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

They were still under the Parachute payments, what happened to them?.

What a joke they are aswell 

8 hours ago, Royal_D said:

We live and bread of each other - its what it's always been like, anyone saying anything different it's in the minority, we look at their scores at half time/ full time hoping they've lost and no doubt vice versa.

Stop being a misery !

• Like 1

Guest Laurena

Do you really believe all this Daily Mail, nuff said, garbage. I'm pretty sure the only ones who know their position are their hierarchy. Plus with a takeover and £170/200 million they'll just about manage. Shame really. 

1 minute ago, 4evaowl said:

One thing it does prove is that despite a club having major problems with how it is being run, a set of players and manager have not let it adversely impact on them and have secured promotion with three games to go. 

I think that's the main point about this promotion.  It sounds like behind-the-scenes it's been a real mess, and yet the Manager has largely ignored it and focussed on what he can control; preparing the team for the next match.

I'm like 99% of Blades.  I have no real idea what the actual financial situation is.  It's certainly not great.  It appears that we would have faced a possible financial meltdown if we'd not been promoted.  Where has all the money gone?  We've had years of parachute money, money from a good cup run, and been on Sky Sport TV on many occasions.  Yes, I know we have an expensive wage bill.  But I still don't get it.  This farce with the Nigerian businessman just adds to the confusion.

I DO realise SWFC are not strangers to financial problems.  It does make me worry for the long term health of English football.  I guess the real problem is the ridiculous wages footballers receive.  I don't want to go back to my Dad's era where he knew SUFC players as he bumped into them in the shops & pubs they worked in - being a professional footballer is a fulltime job.  But I don't think it's right the stupid sums of money an ordinary Premier League/Championship player expects.  Like most clubs, many Blades fans are feeling the pinch at the moment.  Watching some second-rate player who sits on the bench most Saturdays drive past you in a Lamborghini is wrong.

Rant over ...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 28/04/2023 at 11:01, Kew Owl said:

Sorry, I don’t know how to post a link, but there’s a big article in The Times today - “Inside story of a chaotic promotion” which is an interesting read.

Basically, it says that, unless the planned takeover goes ahead - which seems unlikely - there is little expectation of a competitive transfer or playing budget next season and a dozen first team players are out of contract this summer.

I get the feeling it will be like Norwich when they went up and couldn’t spend. When you’re in the prem there is obviously the tv money and parachute guarantees but that doesn’t arrive until later so you have to front fund that first transfer window. Ie borrow against future income which is what has been done there for a while now. 

Without knowing the detail it seemed like promotion is a lifeline to offset meltdown but still a castle built on sand. Takeover might change that but if it’s that fella with the fake planes then what a joke!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bluesteel. said:

I get the feeling it will be like Norwich when they went up and couldn’t spend. When you’re in the prem there is obviously the tv money and parachute guarantees but that doesn’t arrive until later so you have to front fund that first transfer window. Ie borrow against future income which is what has been done there for a while now. 

Without knowing the detail it seemed like promotion is a lifeline to offset meltdown but still a castle built on sand. Takeover might change that but if it’s that fella with the fake planes then what a joke!

I think you are 100% right.

• Thanks 1