Bruce sacked

51 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Reckon he's probably done now, excluding the short stint at us, that's 3 jobs in a row that haven't worked out for him. Seems the game has probably passed him by like other managers of that era. 

Some desperate club will offer him employment.

Albion riding to the rescue again of consigning another dinosaur to the history books.

A shambolic tenure given the resources available - he didn't even want the job until his mate called him and offered it him. 

Three at back, two very deep wing backs and two defensive midfielders at home against Luton ******* Town was the final straw. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

Albion riding to the rescue again of consigning another dinosaur to the history books.

A shambolic tenure given the resources available - he didn't even want the job until his mate called him and offered it him. 

Three at back, two very deep wing backs and two defensive midfielders at home against Luton ******* Town was the final straw. 

I need Grant and Swift to start scoring, got them both in a Fantasy Football type thing this season and they're both letting me down. I've seen he's been on the bench a lot lately but do you reckon Grant's days could be numbered when the new manager comes in? Read he's been missing an enormous amount of chances.

28 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I need Grant and Swift to start scoring, got them both in a Fantasy Football type thing this season and they're both letting me down. I've seen he's been on the bench a lot lately but do you reckon Grant's days could be numbered when the new manager comes in? Read he's been missing an enormous amount of chances.

There is nobody stupid enough (or rich enough) to buy him for remainder of his contract which is probably around £9m that we owe to Huddersfield - only we're stupid enough to do that. 

Despite Grant being a very average footballer, the biggest problems that he's had in recent times is that Bruce has instructed us to be lumping balls onto his chest or down channels. Neither of which remotely suit him nor Thomas-Asante. 

Swift is another who plays in the middle but probably spends most games with a crick in his neck watching it sail above his head. 

• Thanks 1

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

In fairness to Bruce, he has tended to quit when a job has got a little bit difficult or someone has offered more money, so his compo fund won't be as big as some others.

So, a nice winter off for Bruce, then I'm sure some daft club in the Championship will employ him in March.