Messi - How long can he keep going ? ๐Ÿ‘€

Kopparberg

Lionel Messi scored twice as Argentina produced a comfortable 3-0 win over Honduras to extend their unbeaten run to 34 games.ย 
ย 

The 35-year-old was at the centre of the action for the opener, lobbing the ball over the defence to Papu Gomez, who gifted Lautaro Martinez a tap-in.

ย 

Messi doubled Argentina's goal tally with a coolly taken penalty.

ย 

The Paris St-Germain forward added a third with a superb chip over the keeper's head after a defensive mix-up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Lionel Messi scored twice as Argentina produced a comfortable 3-0 win over Honduras to extend their unbeaten run to 34 games.ย 
ย 

The 35-year-old was at the centre of the action for the opener, lobbing the ball over the defence to Papu Gomez, who gifted Lautaro Martinez a tap-in.

ย 

Messi doubled Argentina's goal tally with a coolly taken penalty.

ย 

The Paris St-Germain forward added a third with a superb chip over the keeper's head after a defensive mix-up.

Only 3 games off Italy's record. Be interesting to see if they can beat that during the world cup.ย 

• Like 1

Messi is the most gifted, Ronaldo is the better athlete and probably had to work a lot harder at the footballing side. Both great examples to modern footballers of how a pro should act.

ย 

Still would have like Messi to have travelled a little more and tried himself against different leagues for a full season. But based on what we've seen over the years i'd pick Messi.ย 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Real football folk know.ย 

The only people who peddle that nonsense are Ronaldo fanboys who only look at stats. I hate how the topic of stats has taken over the game, itโ€™s like pure football art and ability isnโ€™t looked at anymore.

ย 

If weโ€™re going by stats then I guess Lewandoski is as good as Messi and Ronaldo as heโ€™s scored 400+ goals in 500 gamesย 

• Like 1

On 25/09/2022 at 00:22, BIG D said:

Watch videos of peak Messi and then try and tell me CR7 was the better playerย 

ย 

ย 

CR7 has delivered at every level with every team including at the World Cup. Messi has yet to have a good WC so for me (much as I dislike the guy) Ronaldo wins.

Edited by Utah Owl

6 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

CR7 has delivered at every level with every team including at the World Cup. Messi has yet to have a good WC so for me (much as I dislike the guy) Ronaldo wins.

Ronaldo hasn't delivered at a world cup. His country won the euros when he didn't play / went off injured.

ย 

Messi has won the equivalent for Argentina and was pivotal in them winning it. He also dragged them to the latter stages of a world cup.

ย 

ย 

• Like 7

ย 

4 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

Ronaldo hasn't delivered at a world cup. His country won the euros when he didn't play / went off injured.

ย 

Messi has won the equivalent for Argentina and was pivotal in them winning it. He also dragged them to the latter stages of a world cup.

ย 

ย 

Pivotal in them winning an Olympic gold

ย 

Pivotal in them getting to numerous other Copa finals.ย 

ย 

90 goals for his country with no cannon fodder in qualifying.

ย 

Useless at international level.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Quickly Kevin said:

ย 

Pivotal in them winning an Olympic gold

ย 

Pivotal in them getting to numerous other Copa finals.ย 

ย 

90 goals for his country with no cannon fodder in qualifying.

ย 

Useless at international level.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Makes me laugh too when the Ronaldo fans state he's not done t at international level. Absolutely cluelessย 

11 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

ย 

CR7 - 1 WC semi final back in 2006, they haven't even made it past the second round since.

ย 

Messi has played in a final and won the player of the tournament award, so how has Ronaldo delivered at a World Cup yet Messi hasn't?ย 

• Like 3

On 25/09/2022 at 07:22, BIG D said:

Watch videos of peak Messi and then try and tell me CR7 was the better playerย 

ย 

ย 

Messi was definitely better than Ronaldo.

ย 

When it comes round to the โ€œgreatest ever playerโ€ debate, I donโ€™t even think Ronaldo was the best Ronaldo, for me the Brazilian Ronaldo was better.

• Like 1

Messi everyday of the week.ย 

ย 

Pretty much on par with Ronaldo as a goalscorer, better dribbler, more creative, better passer, better freekick taker, capable of things that I'm not sure I've seen any other player do.ย 

ย 

Ronaldo is a freak of nature, an incredible athlete who is perhaps the most driven footballer that we've ever seen. But Messi is just a genius, a one off imho.ย 

• Like 1