Sh*te Years Ahead

Disappointing, but probably not that much of a surprise.

We were all hoping/expecting that they'd lose players in the summer, but sadly it's not happened.

Had Hecky been in charge all last season, then there's the very real chance that they would have gone up.

We got away with it because of Joko.

6 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Disappointing, but probably not that much of a surprise.

We were all hoping/expecting that they'd lose players in the summer, but sadly it's not happened.

Had Hecky been in charge all last season, then there's the very real chance that they would have gone up.

We got away with it because of Joko.

To be honest pig fans I know are still worrying about Berge and Ndiaye going before the transfer window closes.

I'm not reading too much into it so far regarding their start, I saw them against Boro and they were lucky to not lose that. Blackburn were already still fragile after the Reading defeat midweek and I don't think Thomasson will be in a job by Christmas. 

I think everyone knew they'd still be top 6 candidates in the summer, but there is plenty of time for them to mess it up.

1 hour ago, Johnny Concrete said:

To be honest pig fans I know are still worrying about Berge and Ndiaye going before the transfer window closes.

I'm not reading too much into it so far regarding their start, I saw them against Boro and they were lucky to not lose that. Blackburn were already still fragile after the Reading defeat midweek and I don't think Thomasson will be in a job by Christmas. 

I think everyone knew they'd still be top 6 candidates in the summer, but there is plenty of time for them to mess it up.

You'd hope so.

And, as you say, it's early doors.

I guess that by default any ex-PL team is top 6, and if they don't finish top 2 then they're staying down.

Fingers crossed.

3 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I really hate to say this, and I hope I end up being wrong, but they look to me to have the quality to see off most Championship clubs.

This is my concern. 

Perhaps Watford and Burnley have better XIs, but that's about it. 

I just don't think there's much in the Championship to stop them this season. 

15 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Same points per game return as us. Same record as us I think. Are we basically saying that they're going up and we are too? Cos as it stands we're both looking good for promotion aren't we? 

You could argue that we're actually on target to get more points than the pigs, even though we both have 10 points from 5 games. We average 2 points a game both home and away, which would equate to 46 + 46 = 92 over the season. But the pigs are averaging 3 points a game at home (= 69 from 23) and 0.5 away (11.5 from 23), i.e. 80-81 over the season.

• Love 1

15 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Big statement today from the pigs. 

Just hoping they get pipped for automatic and then do their annual play off bottle job. 

Beating a team that Reading had just put 3 past?

Let's wait a few months until the wànkfest starts. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Same points per game return as us. Same record as us I think. Are we basically saying that they're going up and we are too? Cos as it stands we're both looking good for promotion aren't we? 

If DM was their manager there'd be no end of rave reviews for him on here, wishing he was ours!

Funny lot some of our 'supporters'!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IWEDFM said:

Apart from Watford on the opening day they've not faced any real challenge. I wouldn't expect any of Millwall, Sunderland or Blackburn to be in the top 6 come May

Tbf there are probably only Watford, Burnley and Norwich who is tip to be up there. The rest of the league are fairly ordinary. 

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

Tbf there are probably only Watford, Burnley and Norwich who is tip to be up there. The rest of the league are fairly ordinary. 

True and I agree. Still very early to call though as they could lose 1 or 2 players before the deadline but the Championship does look very weak 

It's a strange league again, Burnley are overhyped because of Kompany and after beating a poor Huddersfield team, Norwich have started pretty poorly too. If Watford lose Sarr and a couple of others they could look ordinary too. All that said, it's not going to be easy for the pigs to get out of the league this season.

Edited by 0742