Sh*te Years Ahead

6 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Just signed a lad from Brondby for 2 million. 

My Danish mate in the office says he has some nice touches but is bang average. Which considering I think even we could beat Brondby is saying a lot. 

Surely it's a undisclosed fee, so they can spread the rumour that it was actually £12m.... that is how they operate 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

Rumours are now that he’s going to extend his contract.

Yep I read that, better wage and a release clause.

I assume the clause will be a lower fee if relegated. Still not sure why he'd sign it if he's attracting interest from others. He'd be able to negotiate a much better wage if he was to leave on a free. 

He's clearly a decent player but I think they have overhyped him. He scored 14 last season so hardly set the league on fire

He'd be mad to sign a new deal cos if he doesn't perform in the Prem the interest will dry up and he'll end up playing for the pigs again in the Championship next season 

• Like 1

On 19/07/2023 at 19:16, Ever the pessimist said:

If the roles were reversed, I imagine a Wednesday fan at a pig game would likely get a bit of a kicking knowing their fans.

To be fair, about 20 years ago I was having an extended liquid brunch in town and ran into a couple of blade mates on their way to the lane.

Ended up joining them, in a Wednesday shirt and had a great time.

Fair bit of banter but no drama whatsoever. Couple of people questioning it but were told to sit down by other fans.

Approaching the game as a neutral and not being a ******** about it probably helped.