Ben Heneghan

39 minutes ago, ANDY said:

He called us massive. He’ll do for me 

Delighted to have signed for this massive club 

see he’s said it now 

we all know no matter what the experts think of him he is now on the way to becoming a club legend so relax and enjoy the summer and the transfers dropping in 

seriously though a few are turning their nose up basically because he isn’t a house hold name and it doesn’t inspire them 

but these are the kind of signings that could have us in a much better position in years to come 

he’s got the stats and experience 

he’s got the assets we lacked last year 

he’s going to be cheap in salary too

good age 

wouldn’t surprise me if he has a blinding season plays 40 plus games,  we keep 20 clean sheets,  he scores 4/5 goals, we get promoted and bids north of two million come in for him 

also wouldn’t be surprise if he slipped in the car park on first day of preseason and has to retire through injury

for years people have been shouting about signing players from lower leagues 

and it looks like we’ve got and signed two of the best stats from this division last year 

stockdale - golden glove 

henegan - most clearances 

Glamorous or not they are two statistics that I welcome very much so

this new transfer approach is much better than stockpiling the over paid so called superstars we used to 

• Like 7

Not necessarily on about the quality of the players we are about to sign.... but we are now buying League 1 quality players..... didn't Chansiri say we had to pay more for tickets so we didn't buy cheap............ if the embargoes not still in place and I didn't know....

• Haha 1

Hell do the basics, not expecting much. But in the context that that is all we have needed on many occasions and not had it available it’s a good sensible move. Had we a fit centre half around xmas or just before we’d have probably gone up 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Never heard of him, but I'd never heard of Nigel Pearson when we signed him from Shrewsbury and that turned out alright!

I'm a fan of  taking a chance on lower league players rather than betting millions on  crocks so good luck to him.

Same goes for Lawrie Madden as well. Signed by HW on a free transfer. Turned out to be a very astute signing by Howard Wilkinson.😉

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Never heard of him 

Bit concerning we've signed a player  from a team that's been relegated to league 2 

Good luck to the lad tho 

One of thier best players apparently though. 

A few good players can't keep a poor side up. 

Fingers crossed we win some headers now 🙂

Honestly don’t understand peoples issues.

We conceded a tonne last season in the air. Namely set pieces. We’ve signed a guy with ridiculous stats in clearances and it’s not a good signing ‘cos he played for wimbledon’

get a grip.

If he can somewhat replicate what Rob Jones gave us then he’ll do  for me.

Thats if he’s even a starter though. Could be all this fuss about a 4th choice CB 

• Like 8

L1 WhoScored stats from last season:

9th for aerial battles won per game

6th for shots blocked per game 

2nd for clearances made per game

Can’t really remember him from our games against Wimbledon but he seems like a no frills, no nonsense centre half — head on it, get in the way of it, get rid of it

• Like 5

5 hours ago, 0114 said:

Yes, twice this season.

Was at fault for Gregory’s first at their place when he slips. Then also leaves Gregory unmarked to go and defend the goal line for no apparent reason when he scored the winner at Hillsborough. 

Hate the insinuation that I’ve seen his name and I’ve instantly jumped to an assumption based off absolutely nothing. I like to do my research on players we are linked with. I like to read forums of Wimbledon/Blackpool fans. I like to read journalist reports on players. I like to see what they’ve achieved at clubs and their individual and collective statistics. I like to watch interviews and see highlights of goals and matches they’ve played. 

He’s not a bad player. But I’m not sure he’s of the standard of a team chasing the automatics and I don’t think he’s an upgrade on players we’ve let go. 

Calm down mate, only asked if you'd seen him play, I haven't.

We've lost Gibson, Hutchinson, Dunkley, Dean, and Storey from the centre half department

We may bring in another 4 centre half's yet

The new lad might not even be a regular choice

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.