Ben Heneghan

10 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

Oh sorry treacle, bit touchy aren't you?

I tell  you what is pathetic, playing said players in said positions and conceding a higher than average volume of goals from  set pieces last season. 

What has that got do with mocking a person's manner of speech?

It's hardly as if a bloke using filled pauses is anything out of the ordinary, is it? The majority of the population do it every single day.

Trying to make an issue of it is pathetic.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I can do both? I can be disappointed & underwhelmed and will still be supporting him.

Well I’ll be supporting him at Harrogate, I wonder if you will !!   #uto 

3 minutes ago, Owl said:

Well I’ll be supporting him at Harrogate, I wonder if you will !!   #uto 

Good on you, I’ll probably support him during his entire time at Wednesday rather than just 1 friendly mate 😉 

33 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

What like left wing back Marvin Johnson and full back/wing back Liam Palmer? 

Pigs had Wilder then and we have erm erm Darren Moore! 

Absolutely no need.

• Like 6

Our recruitment and analytic team have obviously targeted a weakness in our squad and gone out and hired a CB which excels in the exact area we have deficiencies.

This measured recruitment is what we've been missing for years. Again, our lack of pace up top last season caused us issues, so we're targeting explosive forwards to turn defences around with players like Wilks. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

What has that got do with mocking a person's manner of speech?

It's hardly as if a bloke using filled pauses is anything out of the ordinary, is it? The majority of the population do it every single day.

Trying to make an issue of it is pathetic.

The irony of that is....I'm not making an issue out of it but you clearly are and are drawing far more attention to it than anything I intended by it. I'm not the only Wednesday fan but to make a light hearted reference to it. 

My primary point was how DM hasn't addressed our CB problem and made huge selection mistakes that cost us dearly last season and made reference to them. For the record I couldn't care less how anybody speaks and if my early comment real upsets the likes of yourself so much I'll refrain in future. Sadly, I'll have enough to criticise a manager we are going nowhere with. Hope that helps. 

He is one of the top defenders last year and he made the most clearances and he was high up regarding aerial duels. No nonsense defender and Moore needed someone who is good at defending set pieces as we conceded quite a few last year.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

The irony of that is....I'm not making an issue out of it but you clearly are and are drawing far more attention to it than anything I intended by it. I'm not the only Wednesday fan but to make a light hearted reference to it. 

My primary point was how DM hasn't addressed our CB problem and made huge selection mistakes that cost us dearly last season and made reference to them. For the record I couldn't care less how anybody speaks and if my early comment real upsets the likes of yourself so much I'll refrain in future. Sadly, I'll have enough to criticise a manager we are going nowhere with. Hope that helps. 

Your comment was not a light hearted reference at all.

And this follow up with your unfounded (or unexplained) accusations explains nothing.

DM  addressed our CB problem with signing Dean and Storey in January. What else did you expect?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

You're not the only Wednesday fan to make reference to it, no - and that might be why your comment drew such a strong response, as have several others which sought to mock his manner of speech previously.

During the past twelve months, we've had posters on here compare Moore to Gareth Gates (who had a genuine speech impediment which needed intervention); suggest that he attend speech therapy; said he sounds 'thick'; and repeatedly mock him by peppering their posts with 'erm' when discussing his interviews...all because he uses filled pauses, which are an entirely natural feature of most people's spontaneous speech.

Sorry if your intention was lighthearted, but your comment doesn't exist in a vacuum, and many on here have had enough of the undercurrent of unpleasantness which has surrounded this issue on here for months now.

Interestingly, since you mentioned Wilder in your earlier post, I was watching an interview of his when he signed Heneghan for United, and it struck me that he was hardly the most fluent speaker himself. Funnily enough, nobody every mentions it, though - because he was winning loads of games for them and it was totally irrelevant to his qualities as a football manager.

It's good to hear that you couldn't care less how anybody speaks - that's something we can definitely agree on, and we can turn our focus to what actually matters, which is Moore's performance as a football manager.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, 0114 said:

I’d agree if there was anything individually or collectively that backs it’s up. But I’m struggling to find anything that gets me excited about this signing. 

Have you seen him play?

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

17 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Have you seen him play?

Yes, twice this season.

Was at fault for Gregory’s first at their place when he slips. Then also leaves Gregory unmarked to go and defend the goal line for no apparent reason when he scored the winner at Hillsborough. 

Hate the insinuation that I’ve seen his name and I’ve instantly jumped to an assumption based off absolutely nothing. I like to do my research on players we are linked with. I like to read forums of Wimbledon/Blackpool fans. I like to read journalist reports on players. I like to see what they’ve achieved at clubs and their individual and collective statistics. I like to watch interviews and see highlights of goals and matches they’ve played. 

He’s not a bad player. But I’m not sure he’s of the standard of a team chasing the automatics and I don’t think he’s an upgrade on players we’ve let go. 

Edited by 0114

1 hour ago, Daavies; said:

Our recruitment and analytic team have obviously targeted a weakness in our squad and gone out and hired a CB which excels in the exact area we have deficiencies.

This measured recruitment is what we've been missing for years. Again, our lack of pace up top last season caused us issues, so we're targeting explosive forwards to turn defences around with players like Wilks. 

Talking sense on Owlstalk.

Be gone I tell thee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, OasisOwl72 said:

For the record I couldn't care less how anybody speaks and if my early comment real upsets the likes of yourself so much I'll refrain in future. 

Good response pal because trust me, even if it was a throw away comment, I too don't like to see or hear it given the experience of a mate when we were younger with a similar impediment.

Let's move on.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

And this follow up with your unfounded (or unexplained) accusations explains nothing.

DM  addressed our CB problem with signing Dean and Storey in January. What else did you expect?

Well it was but you make of it what you will but I'm best qualified to know what my comment was meant as. 

As for addressing CB issue, it's still not resolved as Storey and Dean are no longer at the club and it should have been addressed last August not last January. 

It took Alex Neil 18 games to sort Sunderland and here we are nearly 18 months on with Moore. 

1 minute ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Good response pal because trust me, even if it was a throw away comment, I too don't like to see or hear it given the experience of a mate when we were younger with a similar impediment.

Let's move on.

Exactly mate. That's what I was trying to do but others appear not. 

As I say by far and away my primary point was about football and nothing else.

50 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Repeats the same again thus....

Posted Thursday at 00:32

DM Particularly keen to get Ben Hennigan through the door. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OasisOwl72 said:

Time to give it a rest. 

• Like 1