Ben Heneghan

I think when their contract is up, they get June as severance pay. This is normally if they haven’t found a club, or if the wages at the new club is lower. 

this could have some baring on it. But also could be wide of the mark. 

26 minutes ago, striker said:

Excuse me if I'm being deliberately thick (not for the  first time)....if footballers contracts expire at the end of June and pre season starts next Monday, what do new (free transfer) signings do for the first 10 days of pre season?

• Thanks 1

I always thought players signing on July 1st wouldn't join training until that time due to insurance reasons

If they get injured, they aren't under contract so there is no security there for the player

And if it's a bad injury that keeps them out for months, there's nothing stopping the club cancelling the contract they have offered

It will be interesting to see what happens, maybe he will take part in training but sit out all practice games

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

27 minutes ago, IWEDFM said:

True that Coughlan was the captain for Plymouth in their promotion season

But the point still remains, he was a lower league player when we signed him and he turned out to be a decent signing

No he wasn’t! We had been promoted to the Championship and he was at Plymouth who had just finished 17th in the Championship having played 43 games. It’s not a great comparison. 

21 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

I think when their contract is up, they get June as severance pay. This is normally if they haven’t found a club, or if the wages at the new club is lower. 

this could have some baring on it. But also could be wide of the mark. 

Cash in hand but nobody declares it 

please don’t tell inland revenue 

• Haha 1

If I had signed for a 'bigger' club like Ben, I think I would have a look on the fans forum.

'Aha! A thread with my name on it.....

Graham Coughlan?????

Tax evasion???????

Judy Finegan??????

What am I doing?!'

• Haha 5

Guest Willow Owl
On 10/06/2022 at 22:00, JOHNHARKES said:

He has signed announced Monday. Agent been on holiday now back and finalised.

Good information again mate. 👍👍

Wimbledon’s forum is one continuous chat but I did spot a few comments about him…

Turn it in lurker I didn't say henegan was poo.

only reason I'm surprised Heneghan has gone to sheff Wed is he was at Sheff Utd in his past. Not surprised on ability but then I'm not tainting every player based on the majority of the squad being dogshit.

Heneghan couldn't wait to leave and played like it. 

Much of that squad last season didn't really give a poo

Surprised that Ben Henegan is signing for Sheffield Wednesday. Was ok the first 4 months of last season,but wasn't as good the last 5 months.still good luck to him.

26 minutes ago, Lincowl said:

Wimbledon’s forum is one continuous chat but I did spot a few comments about him…

Turn it in lurker I didn't say henegan was poo.

only reason I'm surprised Heneghan has gone to sheff Wed is he was at Sheff Utd in his past. Not surprised on ability but then I'm not tainting every player based on the majority of the squad being dogshit.

Heneghan couldn't wait to leave and played like it. 

Much of that squad last season didn't really give a poo

Surprised that Ben Henegan is signing for Sheffield Wednesday. Was ok the first 4 months of last season,but wasn't as good the last 5 months.still good luck to him.

Think our budget must be lower than last year. Losing Hutchinson, Dunkley, Dean, Storey and Gibson and replacing with Heneghan so far indicates that. Guess it's what to expect when you spend more than 1 year at this level. Still, there'll be more signings to come that hopefully improve the squad. Definitely not excited by this one though.

• Like 3

On 11/06/2022 at 09:42, darklord said:

Reminds me of the Michael Finegan nursery ryhme

There once was a young lad named Ben Hanegahn,
He joined Wednesday to make them good again
The cross came in and he banged it in-again,
Good ol Ben Henegahn. Begin-again.

10 minutes ago, scilly owl said:

Only missed five games in forty years, fell off the top of a seven story tower block and only scratched his elbow, signs for Wednesday and is crocked after two games and out until February.

We signed a fit young lad called Ben Heneghan

Played one game and f****d his ligaments

Now he’s torn his hammy and he’s knacked his shins again

Poor old Benny Heneghan

( we’ll have to start again!!!)

• Haha 2

What worries me is that when I look him up on Wiki on this phone, the "related articles" brings up Francis Jeffers as the next item!

Tis a bad omen I tell thee!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Think our budget must be lower than last year. Losing Hutchinson, Dunkley, Dean, Storey and Gibson and replacing with Heneghan so far indicates that. Guess it's what to expect when you spend more than 1 year at this level. Still, there'll be more signings to come that hopefully improve the squad. Definitely not excited by this one though.

I’m very underwhelmed by him and stockdale too. If we wanted a big lump centre half would rather have kept dunkley but as you e mentioned we must cut our cloth accordingly. 

Looking at these makes me think we should have cashed out on windass.  Hopefully we can pick up a few rough diamonds I’ve got the faith in DM to make good decisions. 

• Like 1

Someone who can head it,block it and tackle will do for me ? Too many times we let stupid goals in that were basic mistakes esp from set pieces? Looks a cheap option but think more will follow in his position 

• Like 2