Genuine question about the vagaries of the offside rule. Why when Benzemah had his back to goal and on one knee with.a Liverpool player in front of him was he offside? Was it because of something that had happened earlier?

1 minute ago, darra said:

Genuine question about the vagaries of the offside rule. Why when Benzemah had his back to goal and on one knee with.a Liverpool player in front of him was he offside? Was it because of something that had happened earlier?

Because the keeper is behind him relative to the movement of play, he heeds to have two outfield players ahead of him. 

1 minute ago, darra said:

He was behind the keeper, only 1 man between him and the goal line hence offside.

I'm convinced the ball went to him off the defender though, so should have counted  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

He was behind the keeper, only 1 man between him and the goal line hence offside.

I'm convinced the ball went to him off the defender though, so should have counted  

If it’s unintentional though then it’s still offside. 

14 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

If it’s unintentional though then it’s still offside. 

Unintentional is a deflection or a ricochet though - not somebody steaming in to play the ball

Madrid look the stronger more complete team overall to me

I'll say it again at the risk of egg on face but they need to hook Diaz because his best kid in the playground game isn't working here and its unbalancing Liverpool

I'd like Liverpool to win - not really bothered either way - but think Madrid will win - a bit of speculative stuff here and there from liverpool but i think madrid look a better unit

Edited by scram