Just now, sheffield_dave said:

There was that video of some chair chucking with Frankfurt fans in balaclavas, but I can’t recall seeing any others. I don’t think there was actually a registered arrest and both Rangers and Frankfurt have been commended for that game.

Either way, a scuffle between a couple of dickheads doesn’t change the point that the best part of a couple of hundred thousand fans can and have gathered before without the scenes we’re seeing tonight. This happening with Liverpool is a trend that isn’t reflected by.. well, any other club in European football?

Well didn't 250k Rangers fans gather in Manchester in 2008, I remember the police saying it was some of the worst behaviour they'd ever had to deal with. I don't think Liverpool are alone in this behaviour. They stand out probably due to sheer quantity of fans. A lot of other clubs cause some right poo across Europe on their travels but I guess it's usually in smaller numbers. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

There’s literally people stood still outside the gates. Why aren’t they getting those supporters in? 

Because if you suspect people are in the ground without tickets, you cant let everyone with tickets in as its then over capacity and considered dangerous. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Well didn't 250k Rangers fans gather in Manchester in 2008, I remember the police saying it was some of the worst behaviour they'd ever had to deal with. I don't think Liverpool are alone in this behaviour. They stand out probably due to sheer quantity of fans. A lot of other clubs cause some right poo across Europe on their travels but I guess it's usually in smaller numbers. 

Yeah they did. Then travelled to Seville and proved they can behave.

Ticketless fans travelling isn’t automatically a problem. That can happen and pass largely without incident. Only it doesn’t seem to when it’s Liverpool, with a very specific emphasis on getting into stadiums. Wasn’t there a similar (but lower key) problem to this in Athens as well?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, edmontonowl said:

This game is being broadcast live around the world..............................great image for English football.

Carragher blaming the organization and now banging on about the Hillsborough cover up

Bet he's spitting mad.

• Haha 4

Why are the French police tear gassing fans who have tickets? If every fan there is behaving properly and have tickets then there is no reason to tear gas them. The Madrid end is full, all their fans in safely and on time. Something must have happened beyond the timely, well behaved arrival of fans. I wonder what it was and if we'll find out? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

Yeah they did. Then travelled to Seville and proved they can behave.

Ticketless fans travelling isn’t automatically a problem. That can happen and pass largely without incident. Only it doesn’t seem to when it’s Liverpool, with a very specific emphasis on getting into stadiums. Wasn’t there a similar (but lower key) problem to this in Athens as well?

Yea I remember seeing the footage and seeing the stairwells completely full.