1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Surely there should be a rule allowing for this to actually be on a terrestrial TV channel, rather than just on YouTube.

It's like watching a dodgy stream, I'm half expecting a muck banner ad to pop up. 

*Hoping

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

So none of the thousands of pieces of footage on social media show a completely shambolic set up by the authorities? 

Thousands of ticketless fans turning up hoping to get in probably wasn't in the rehearsal. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Taz said:

It looks like it’s just as narrow as regulation can be

if this was Wembley the pitch would be far wider surely? 

It way well be toward the narrow end of the regulation width but it can't be less than that

Dunno how it compares with Wembley - which has never been the massive pitch that it had the reputation for tbh

4 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

So none of the thousands of pieces of footage on social media show a completely shambolic set up by the authorities? 

Probably french authorities not equipped for the many scousers turning up without tickets. 

Just now, scram said:

It way well be toward the narrow end of the regulation width but it can't be less than that

Dunno how it compares with Wembley - which has never been the massive pitch that it had the reputation for tbh

Whenever I watch a game at Wembley on the tele it looks like a polo pitch

especially when it’s the league 2 play off final or the womens teams as the pace is drastically slower  

Just now, Taz said:

Whenever I watch a game at Wembley on the tele it looks like a polo pitch

especially when it’s the league 2 play off final or the womens teams as the pace is drastically slower  

It's really not that big a pitch - never has been compared to some league pitches

I think the fact that in old wembley especially because the stands were like 4 miles from the touchline it just gave that impression

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, scram said:

I'm watching on youtube and the quality is decent

Watched Rangers and this tonight on YouTube. Been impressed with the quality both times and good of them to stick it on for nowt.

Thats where my good impression of BT’s coverage ends. How the pinnacle of the club game has been allowed to be covered by “Macca”, Owen and Jake Humphrey.. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Why not? Wasn’t there the exact same thing at Wembley only 12 months ago? Sounds a pretty obvious thing to plan for. 

So it's not all the ticketless fan's fault then, it's the authorities not adequately planning for it who are to blame? Sounds about right. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Watched Rangers and this tonight on YouTube. Been impressed with the quality both times and good of them to stick it on for nowt.

Thats where my good impression of BT’s coverage ends. How the pinnacle of the club game has been allowed to be covered by “Macca”, Owen and Jake Humphrey.. 

Darren Fletcher is great as their lead commentator. 

No time for the others.