Latest on Argentinian interest in Josh Windass

If true - a big if - I can only imagine that we are letting this happen. He is under contract, freely signed, and cant talk to other teams till January. 

Otherwise its an illegal approach by his agent.

Article 22 of the FIFA Players’ Agents Regulations prohibits a player’s agent from approaching any player who is under contract to a club with the aim of persuading him to terminate his contract prematurely or to violate any obligations stipulated in the employment contract.

And this...

Currently, under FIFA and FA transfer rules, if a club wants to procure the services of a player registered with another club, they must speak directly with that club and not to the player or his representatives. The player and his representatives will only be brought in for discussions with the potential purchasing club once the two clubs have agreed a fee.

Great player on his day and capable of doing something out of the blue, However was injured most of last season and although I think if he’d been fit we’d have probably gone up? Didn’t look fit end of season and that’s where the problem lies.We need a fit and proper partner for Gregory and if we can get that sorted stand a good chance nest season.If he being allowed to speak to them looks like club ready to move on without him.good luck josh if it happens 

• Like 1

He’s a player who’s good enough to play in the championship,  the problem is though he’s never fit enough .. I think I could see DM and owner selling for a good price 

We can talk about how good he can be all day long, but he’s not fit enough to find that consistency for me and I wouldn’t be particularly bothered about losing him 

8 minutes ago, modboy said:

Surely agent wouldn't fly all way there in this day and age unless he wanted a free holiday 😉

What I take out of all this is that it must be a right laugh being a football agent!

I bet there almost no chance of this happening but to make sure the agent will get a free all expenses paid trip to sodin Cordoba! I bet he isn’t in the Argentine equivalent of a Travel Lodge either! Jammy barsteward…

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Would be quite interesting to see Windass learning the language thats for sure! 🤣 

But apart from the language barrier, imagine what an experience that would be for him. 

Language shouldn't be an issue. He used to play in Glasgow. lol

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

If we can keep him fit he could be the best striker in the division.

Would have to be a decent bid for us to sell.

Surely it would be better keep any fee as undisclosed. Don't want other teams thinking we have money to spend.

Guest Musttryharder
1 hour ago, 0114 said:

I’d really like this transfer to happen. I like Windass as a player but I have a few logical reasons why I think a transfer is good for both…

Say the fee is anything between £1m-£2m for example, that would make very little difference in the Championship. However in L1 reinventing that money could bring you in 2/3 top players at this level. Not to mention he’s likely paid very well for a L1 player. 

Secondly, no matter how good he is, he’s constantly struggled with injuries. Missed loads of last season and even back in 19/20 when he signed he was injured at Wigan and then injured at Wednesday also. 

Finally, what an experience for Windass! It’s no mugs league down there. How many British players have the opportunity to play in such a historic division. 

I have one good reason. He's injury prone. See ya Josh. 

5 minutes ago, PTLiam said:

If the moneys right i'd let him go. 

Strange move for him though as it's rough down there.

Rough league as in aggressive or rough place? The latter couldn't be further from the truth. It's an incredible city.

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Seen a lot of people say Tshimanga.

Two things putting me off that one, National League completely different standard to League One/Championship. For every Jamie Vardy there are about 15 others who try and make the step up and are not as successful. Plus he’s come back from a pretty bad leg break I think? I mean not the end of the world, but takes time for a player to get over that. Look at Dunkley for example, spent two years getting him fit and then released him.

I don’t know anything about the lad, never even heard of him until a few days ago in all honesty. 

Imagine if we had took Gregory from non league all those years ago. Dare say we would be in a better position. 

totally agree with what you’re saying that there’s 15 (probably a lot more) who don’t make it than those who do. But I’d like to see us as a club look at these players.