Latest on Argentinian interest in Josh Windass

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Seen a lot of people say Tshimanga.

Two things putting me off that one, National League completely different standard to League One/Championship. For every Jamie Vardy there are about 15 others who try and make the step up and are not as successful. Plus he’s come back from a pretty bad leg break I think? I mean not the end of the world, but takes time for a player to get over that. Look at Dunkley for example, spent two years getting him fit and then released him.

Not to mention he’s not played since February due to a fractured leg & dislocated ankle. 

13 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Rough league as in aggressive or rough place? The latter couldn't be further from the truth. It's an incredible city.

Nah, it's a rough league. Argentina is a place i've not been. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Seen a lot of people say Tshimanga.

Two things putting me off that one, National League completely different standard to League One/Championship. For every Jamie Vardy there are about 15 others who try and make the step up and are not as successful. Plus he’s come back from a pretty bad leg break I think? I mean not the end of the world, but takes time for a player to get over that. Look at Dunkley for example, spent two years getting him fit and then released him.

Fair enough, I’m not fully up to speed with Tshimanga - point is I’d like us to change our transfer philosophy and be a club that takes a chance on finding the next Vardy, Watkins, Wilson, Toney, Twine.  Rather than repeat the same thing of trying to sign an established player in his mid to late twenties, as that’s why we are in this position in my opinion. With very little incomings on player sales we will continue to struggle 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

And this...

Currently, under FIFA and FA transfer rules, if a club wants to procure the services of a player registered with another club, they must speak directly with that club and not to the player or his representatives. The player and his representatives will only be brought in for discussions with the potential purchasing club once the two clubs have agreed a fee.

So are you saying that we have agreed a price? 

I guess if it was an 'illegal approach' then we would be making noises about it, makes you wonder?

20220522_193657.thumb.jpg.86f61232c6859eb300ff01d8cab842e1.jpg

Had the pleasure for being downtown Buenos Aires last night.. Boca Juniors beatTigres on the copa final.. it was crazy, amazing scenes and went on for 8 hours, until the Riot police broke it all up. (Rubber bullets, batons etc) they know how to end a party !

If Josh wants an experience of crazy fans then this is the place.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Had the pleasure for being downtown Buenos Aires last night.. Boca Juniors beatTigres on the copa final.. it was crazy, amazing scenes and went on for 8 hours, until the Riot police broke it all up. (Rubber bullets, batons etc) they know how to end a party !

Thought you were Josh's Dad at first!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Am I right in thinking the new season starts next month? If so at least the transfer speculation shouldn’t drag on for too long as they’ll be wanting him in for the start of the season presumably. 

1 hour ago, nbupperthongowl said:

So are you saying that we have agreed a price? 

I guess if it was an 'illegal approach' then we would be making noises about it, makes you wonder?

Thats the logical conclusion from this yes. 

3 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

If we can keep him fit he could be the best striker in the division.

Would have to be a decent bid for us to sell.

We really lacked what he offers, even an unfit rusty Windass offered some speed and strength from the no 10 position that we haven’t really had. But if we got a good fee and identified a replacement it could be good business.

• Like 1

This should be viewed as a business decision 

football finance is in a right mess more so for those in championship and below without parachute payments 

clubs all over the countries announce losses and the only thing that seems to fail them out or balance their books is promotion to to the premiership league or player sales even good cup runs or trios to Wemberly don’t help enough on the huge costs that are spent operating a club 

I’ve said it for years and this is no different if we are showing losses of 15, 20, 25 million plus each year there’s only so much you can cheap at that huge debt by growing sales and reducing cost 

the obvious and more viable option to be in for a chance to narrow that margin is a string transfer policy not only by bringing players in that you can turn over for profit but by actually selling them abs generating the income 

josh windass falls into this category we shouldn’t be hanging on to players just because they are good players. We should be looking at selling them for profit and brining in the next one 

there’s no doubt josh us great and we could argue that I’d fit all season his impact could of made the difference between promotion or not but we could then argue hypothetical replacement could have done the same

I believe you can build squads on frees and loans so what ever the playing budget is that’s what you stick to

abs the policy or financial plan around this should be generate more sales than you spend on those free agent signing on fees, agent fees, and loan fees. If this happens you are on your way to reducing losses 

the offer may or may not gone in for josh and if it does it maybe derogatory but my guess is josh as been head hunted from his old manager who’s been on these shores and knows we demand bigger fees so hopefully the offer comes in 

so how does it stand 

fit josh windass 

2 years left in his contract 

Not for sale 

british market 

3-5 million 

personally I think we can replace him by a loan or free if and make a profit over 2million

be interesting hiw thus turns out there’s obvious interest for his agent to be over there so hopefully we get a nice sum abs that’s drumming the price up. I’d just be bemused if a South African team spends 3mil plus for a league one player 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the mighty wednesday said:

Who's the daddy!

Doctor Duran looks more like a cross between Ray Winstone and Glenn Tilbrook in that photo.  lol

I bet his missus looks the bleedin same

• Haha 3