SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

I like the looks of the linked names so far, a mixture of young athletic or combative League One and League Two players, along with the exciting Elliot Anderson loanee link. Tucker and Oliver impressed against us for Gillingham and Shrewsbury's Marosi sounds a good keeper at this level too.

I think we need an injection of younger more athletic and reliable players, at the back and in attacking areas to realistically be in with a better chance of getting into the top two next season. Young loanees from the top flight would be our best option, along with some out of contract players and if we can I'd spend what we can on a more mobile and effective attacker. 

A player that stood out for me against us and quite a lot this season at our level for Cheltenham Town was Alfie May. We could do with some more energy upfront, I don't know if he'd be unrealistic or not? But that's the type of striker I'd like us to go for to partner Gregory or play in behind him along with Windass, with someone like Oliver as back up as a smart option to offer us something different upfront. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

I like the looks of the linked names so far, a mixture of young athletic or combative League One and League Two players, along with the exciting Elliot Anderson loanee link. Tucker and Oliver impressed against us for Gillingham and Shrewsbury's Marosi sounds a good keeper at this level too.

I think we need an injection of younger more athletic and reliable players, at the back and in attacking areas to realistically be in with a better chance of getting into the top two next season. Young loanees from the top flight would be our best option, along with some out of contract players and if we can I'd spend what we can on a more mobile and effective attacker. 

A player that stood out for me against us and quite a lot this season at our level for Cheltenham Town was Alfie May. We could do with some more energy upfront, I don't know if he'd be unrealistic or not? But that's the type of striker I'd like us to go for to partner Gregory or play in behind him along with Windass, with someone like Oliver as back up as a smart option to offer us something different upfront. 

Alfie May really impressed me every time I saw him last season. Would be a great signing

• Like 2

I would be making a bid for Jack Rudoni from AFC Wimbledon, 20yrs old, can play left wing, right wing or through the middle, has over a 100 league game under his belt.

Last season stats 41 games, 12 goals, 5 assists in a struggling team, think how good he could be playing with better players, and is going to get better and better. Hes over 6 ft too.

Will be a fee, but no were need the money we have wasted on this season for loan players who never play.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I would be making a bid for Jack Rudoni from AFC Wimbledon, 20yrs old, can play left wing, right wing or through the middle, has over a 100 league game under his belt.

Last season stats 41 games, 12 goals, 5 assists in a struggling team, think how good he could be playing with better players, and is going to get better and better. Hes over 6 ft too.

Will be a fee, but no were need the money we have wasted on this season for loan players who never play.

Thought he looked tidy for a young lad and decent goal involvement too. Has some potential.

• Like 1

Aside from their talent on the pitch, a critical part of the criteria must be mentality. We want winners, fighters, battlers and strong characters - these play such a big part in any team's success and particularly at a club like ours where the expectation is high. 

It's alright performing really well in front of 3,000 at Cheltenham, but doing it week in week out for us needs a different level of mentality.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Daz said:

Aside from their talent on the pitch, a critical part of the criteria must be mentality. We want winners, fighters, battlers and strong characters - these play such a big part in any team's success and particularly at a club like ours where the expectation is high. 

It's alright performing really well in front of 3,000 at Cheltenham, but doing it week in week out for us needs a different level of mentality.

Exactly thats were you have to do your homework, it has to complete extensive holistic approach these days in recruitment.

• Like 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
On 21/05/2022 at 16:23, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Who were those two Harrogate players who impressed so much ?

I though Alex Pattinson looked like a championship level midfielder. He had a great game.

Guest DoesJackHunt
4 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Excellent post. I agree completely , it’s sounds like we a being linked with decent prospects. Last years recruitment makes me optimistic that we will see some more decent younger players we can develop come to the club.

I think Alfie May would be a decent signing. I have no idea if he is a available and affordable though and he doesn’t fit the younger player profile which I think DM will look towards first. 

Guest DoesJackHunt
1 hour ago, Daz said:

Spot on ! 

13 hours ago, flash said:

Nicky Cadden and Kane Wilson from Forest Green.

Wing backs. Both in team of the year, very good age, top in league assists and out of contract I believe. 

Sounds like obvious fits for us needing extra wingback options.