SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

Wouldn’t be surprised with Marquis replacing Berahino. But he’s another who is a bit of a passenger if not scoring as he’s not the quickest or a typical target man. Oliver has scored more than Marquis over two seasons and can do the dirty work too, but you’d still see Marquis as the more natural scorer if someone can get him back to his donny form 

6 hours ago, BRUCE LEE said:

He went to Scotland 

5 hours ago, Miruic said:

He didn’t really pull up any trees during his time in Scotland. 5 goals in 17 games and often he started matches on the bench. Don’t think it’s guaranteed that he goes to a Championship club. Do think he has lots of potential though, would be a great signing for us and a good one for a championship club. 

Simms did his season in League One, the SPL last season was the next step up. He won't drop to league one again.

He even might not want to go out on loan again, I think he sees himself trying to break into Everton's first team.

Last Summer I suggested signing Corry Evans when he was released by Blackburn. He then joined Sunderland.

Another has just released by Blackburn who would also be an excellent midfielder at this level, Joe Rothwell.

Though it's rumoured our neighbours could be interested.

7 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Last Summer I suggested signing Corry Evans when he was released by Blackburn. He then joined Sunderland.

Another has just released by Blackburn who would also be an excellent midfielder at this level, Joe Rothwell.

Rothwell was linked with Forest last week.  Cant see him dropping to L1.

8 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Can’t believe rothwell has been released. Very good player and will definitely stay in the championship. 

8 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Rothwell is quality and there's no way he's dropping down a level , could probably play in the premier League next season.

Caleb Taylor, centre half  from West Brom  has been linked with us according to a workmate of mine who follows them , was in the Birmingham press/ media last week.

6 minutes ago, Watto said:

Caleb Taylor, centre half  from West Brom  has been linked with us according to a workmate of mine who follows them , was in the Birmingham press/ media last week.

Seen him play only once, but on little evidence he looks a good player.

Strong, good in the air and composed both on the ball and when defending. Captained WBA U-23's to PL2 Cup.

Would very much like to see us take a gamble on him.

Can’t believe rothwell has been released. Very good player and will definitely stay in the championship.

It is 99% that He let them know he aint resigning so Blackburn didn't bother with a contract offer.

That lad Scott Twine for MK Dons, how much do they want for him? 

Far too good to play in this division next season. Fully expect him to sign for Premier League or top Championship club.

Wouldn’t be surprised with Marquis replacing Berahino. But he’s another who is a bit of a passenger if not scoring as he’s not the quickest or a typical target man.

As You said, if he doesn't score doesn't contribute. Apparently he is on very good wages and misses far too many good chances. Portsmouth fans thought there is no way they can get promoted with him as their main striker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

More a case of he wouldn’t sign a new deal. Bournemouth were trying to buy him in January and Blackburn held on due to their play off hopes. Now seemingly linked with Nottingham Forest & our neighbours. 

Very good player. Shocked he’s even been mentioned for Wednesday.