SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

1 hour ago, Tewkesbury said:

Why would you abuse a kid over something like that?

I actually really liked the fact that Att is interested in the club and checks out all of the signings before they come.

It makes it a bit less corporate in a way.

Why do a lot of our fans do many things? Stupidity, ignorance, who knows.  

25 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No he got hacked.

What’s that mean in real terms? Someone’s deleted all his posts for him? 

Would anyone take Bostock from Donny? Think i saw he's out of contract. Apart from the obvious players from Rotherham/MK etc, i think his performance at Hillsborough was the best of any opposition player. Remember him running the midfield and dictating the game, but granted centre midfield isn't really where we need to recruit. Wouldn't mind that cocky fool Mckirdy from Swindon either

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, room0035 said:

I would be making a bid for Jack Rudoni from AFC Wimbledon, 20yrs old, can play left wing, right wing or through the middle, has over a 100 league game under his belt.

Last season stats 41 games, 12 goals, 5 assists in a struggling team, think how good he could be playing with better players, and is going to get better and better. Hes over 6 ft too.

Will be a fee, but no were need the money we have wasted on this season for loan players who never play.

Great shout. 

Not keen on any of the names linked so far apart from Harley Dean who was already our player.

It was mentioned that we have links with Man U and there was a hope we could utilise those in the loan market….. Nathen Bishop (GK) and Dylan Levitt (CM) would be two players I’d like us to look at. We’re out at Mansfield and Dundee Utd last year

5 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Would anyone take Bostock from Donny? Think i saw he's out of contract. Apart from the obvious players from Rotherham/MK etc, i think his performance at Hillsborough was the best of any opposition player. Remember him running the midfield and dictating the game, but granted centre midfield isn't really where we need to recruit. Wouldn't mind that cocky fool Mckirdy from Swindon either

offered new terms i believe!

5 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

John Bostock? The waster we had on loan from Spurs? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

No

Edited by striker
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

It was mentioned that we have links with Man U and there was a hope we could utilise those in the loan market….. Nathen Bishop (GK) and Dylan Levitt (CM) would be two players I’d like us to look at. We’re out at Mansfield and Dundee Utd last year

Levitt is 21 and certainly won't make it at Man Utd. Season before last he was on loan to one of the worst sides in top Croatian league Istra and couldn't get a game there. However, it seems that he did great last season at Hearts. 

Certainly don't want to see us developing players that aren't under contract with us. Loan market should be used to find a cover in position where We are lacking, not to give playing time to slightly better player than our own.

Not keen on any of the names linked so far apart from Harley Dean who was already our player.

Only one that looks interesting to me is Forest Green's Kane Wilson.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, malek said:

Levitt is 21 and certainly won't make it at Man Utd. Season before last he was on loan to one of the worst sides in top Croatian league Istra and couldn't get a game there. However, it seems that he did great last season at Hearts. 

Certainly don't want to see us developing players that aren't under contract with us. Loan market should be used to find a cover in position where We are lacking, not to give playing time to slightly better player than our own.

Only one that looks interesting to me is Forest Green's Kane Wilson.

Are we actually interested in Wilson or is that just come from him being out of contract and in the team of the year 

2 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Are we actually interested in Wilson or is that just come from him being out of contract and in the team of the year 

WBA/Moore link as well

Him and FGR’s left wing back Cadden got 13 assists each this season, both a decent age and available for free. We could do worse if we’re sticking with 3-5-2 IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

Smithies - Free

Hector - Free

Flint - Free

Left footed CB??

Cadden - Free

Wilson - Free

Fiorini - Loan

Oliver - Free

May - Free

Sorted.

If Carlsberg did our Summer transfer dealing…

• Like 2

I’d be really keen that we look to freshen  up the squad with good young players rather than the likes of people like Hector, Dean, Cahill, Flint and others that have been mentioned.

That way, if things go south with Moore and he leaves we aren’t left with older players on better money than most that could well not be in the plans of future managers but are tough to shift out of the squad.

If Moore is eventually sacked and we go down the younger route then at least we should have some saleable assets if they aren’t in the plans of any future boss.

When signing players in the future we need to think of the future of the club and the bigger picture - something I think has been lacking in the past.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Fulham released the lad Opoku we were linked with last summer. 23yo left footed centre half. Wonder if we’ll be back in for him

Think he's quite good friends w/ Adeniran.  Not a connection.. but maybe he'll put in a good word?

2 minutes ago, jmb5310 said:

Think he's quite good friends w/ Adeniran.  Not a connection.. but maybe he'll put in a good word?

Can’t say I’ve seen him play but ticks a few boxes on the face of it. 23, 6’4, left footed. Sounds like he’s done alright on loan in Denmark:

• Like 2