SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

I'm really surprised to see so many people keen to see us sign Vadaine Oliver. Surely we need to be setting our sights higher than that, there's so much better available out there.

As for Hector, I'd support him if he came back, but don't think he's what we're looking for right now. I do however like the sound of Jerome Opoku. A left-footed CB, used to playing in a back 3? Yes please, though I don't know how good he is of course.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, OriginalAlien said:

I'm really surprised to see so many people keen to see us sign Vadaine Oliver. Surely we need to be setting our sights higher than that, there's so much better available out there.

As for Hector, I'd support him if he came back, but don't think he's what we're looking for right now. I do however like the sound of Jerome Opoku. A left-footed CB, used to playing in a back 3? Yes please, though I don't know how good he is of course.

I tend to agree with you regarding Oliver. I didn't see enough against us to suggest he'd be capable of 20 goals or playing well enough in a 4-2-3-1 if we sometimes use that system. Perhaps a 3rd or 4th choice, but we already have Gregory, Windass and Sow and I think we need 2 more that I'd hope are better than Oliver, but I'm greedy.

As for Hector, it's a bit like the Cahill debate. If the player wants to play for a team where he feels an affinity then if he's prepared to play for L1 wages (both will be millionaires and some) it would be a yes from me to either, but not both. 

2 hours ago, El Toro said:

I’d be really keen that we look to freshen  up the squad with good young players rather than the likes of people like Hector, Dean, Cahill, Flint and others that have been mentioned.

That way, if things go south with Moore and he leaves we aren’t left with older players on better money than most that could well not be in the plans of future managers but are tough to shift out of the squad.

If Moore is eventually sacked and we go down the younger route then at least we should have some saleable assets if they aren’t in the plans of any future boss.

When signing players in the future we need to think of the future of the club and the bigger picture - something I think has been lacking in the past.

Think we need at least 1 experienced CB. 

We’re always a better team when we’ve got a natural leader at the back. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, S72 Owl said:

Think we need at least 1 experienced CB. 

We’re always a better team when we’ve got a natural leader at the back. 

One yes. If I were to pick one it would be Dean on the right deal. Then Iorfa and someone like Tucker. 

1 hour ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Hector will have been on huge wages at Fulham, he'll literally be out of our league.

huge wages when you have a contract is good .....when you havnt a contract things are a little different .

• Like 2

My sources in Romania are telling me we are favourites to sign Catalin Hlistei. He’s a midfielder who played for Sportul Snagov (who you may remember I followed). 

He’s a left sided player, and can play as a winger or inside forward. 

In the Romanian league he’s scored roughly 1 goal every 3 games. Contract has just ended with Rapid Bucharest. 

• Haha 2

On 21/05/2022 at 15:59, malek said:

As I said before, bringing in one of Marc Leonard or Dawson Devoy wold be my top priority.

maleks 2 to watch .......logged em down mate and will be following them with interest .

7 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

My sources in Romania are telling me we are favourites to sign Catalin Hlistei. He’s a midfielder who played for Sportul Snagov (who you may remember I followed). 

In the Romanian league he’s scored roughly 1 goal every 3 games. Contract has just ended with Rapid Bucharest. 

Interesting.. is he any good? 

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

In the Romanian league? Yes. 

How that compares to League One? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Well Sergiu Bus struggled in the championship (tho we signed him from a Bulgarian team), let’s hope this guy has more luck in league 1.

I wonder if this what’s known as a Paxo signing..  

21 minutes ago, torryowl said:

maleks 2 to watch .......logged em down mate and will be following them with interest .

Marc Leonard is an ex Hearts academy boy and a Scotland U21. He’s a very good player, two good feet a proper footballer, and highly thought of by Brighton, he has been performing well in their Premier League 2 squad.

I think it’s doubtful they’d loan him to League 1 to be honest but he’s almost certain to go out on loan next season. Another ex Hearts man (and Blade) David Weir is Brighton’s player pathway manager BTW. He’s in charge of a lot of their loans 👍

36 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Is he the long lost son of Laszlo Balint?

3 hours ago, OriginalAlien said:

The last time we went up from this level, we signed O’Grady and Lowe, proven performers in the lower division and they did the job. I wouldn’t be surprised to see us sign similar this summer.

12 hours ago, jmb5310 said:

Think he's quite good friends w/ Adeniran.  Not a connection.. but maybe he'll put in a good word?

Just came on here to mention him. Think he'd be a good signing. Young, athletic, left sided. 

9 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

Marc Leonard is an ex Hearts academy boy and a Scotland U21. He’s a very good player, two good feet a proper footballer, and highly thought of by Brighton, he has been performing well in their Premier League 2 squad.

I think it’s doubtful they’d loan him to League 1 to be honest but he’s almost certain to go out on loan next season. Another ex Hearts man (and Blade) David Weir is Brighton’s player pathway manager BTW. He’s in charge of a lot of their loans 👍

Apparently Brondby , Utrecht and Wycombe have all thrown their hat in the ring trying to take Leonard on loan.