SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

52 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Hunt wont leave who else would have him? He's been a decent service in my eyes but he is also very limited imo

Jack Hunt is a top player for us at this level 

Messing about with some real rumors and players that I think fit or could have some sort of connection.  Several players have the WBA connection (Wilson, Griffiths, Palmer, Leko) and they are all players that could fit/work at Wednesday.  By all accounts DM has a fantastic reputation, so let's hope he left a mark some of these players and that's the trump card.  Looking at you, Kane. 

1474024671_ScreenShot2022-05-22at4_09_15PM.thumb.png.b234d69a9810dd6a51ddcf48cf96b7cb.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

42 minutes ago, jmb5310 said:

Messing about with some real rumors and players that I think fit or could have some sort of connection.  Several players have the WBA connection (Wilson, Griffiths, Palmer, Leko) and they are all players that could fit/work at Wednesday.  By all accounts DM has a fantastic reputation, so let's hope he left a mark some of these players and that's the trump card.  Looking at you, Kane. 

1474024671_ScreenShot2022-05-22at4_09_15PM.thumb.png.b234d69a9810dd6a51ddcf48cf96b7cb.png

There’s some interesting names on that list,  for the system the gaffer plays here I bet he would absolutely love to get hold of Kane Wilson and Nicky Cadden,  suspect there both Championship bound though 

58 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

Apparently we're in for Stuart Findlay a Scottish International centre half, who's playing in the MLS for Philadelphia Unions.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-gossip-pompey-in-battle-to-land-scotland-international-centre-back-3513391

Left footed centre half,  heard him mentioned before , don’t know too much about him 

I think we need a proper left back, so we can revert to a back 4 when necessary. Maybe one that can play on the left hand side of a back 3 too.

Not sure who though. 

Nick Cadden would also be a good addition to compete with Michael Johnson for the LWB position.

Plus, Alex Smithies in goal, and Dom Telford to partner Gregory up front.

Huddersfield Town have emerged as the favourites to sign Cheltenham Town captain Will Boyle.

The left-footed defender becomes a free agent this summer after turning down the offer of a new contract at Whaddon Road.

Boyle, 26, has been the subject of interest from several Championship and League One clubs in recent months, including Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth and Oxford United.

He joined Cheltenham from Huddersfield in January 2017 and he now looks likely to return to his native West Yorkshire.

The Terriers, managed by Carlos Corberán, are one game away from returning to the Premier League, with a Championship play-off against Nottingham Forest at Wembley to look forward to next Sunday.

In his five-and-a-half seasons with the Robins, Boyle helped the club progress from League Two relegation battlers to title winners in 2020/21, having missed out in the play-off semi-finals the previous season.

He was named in both the PFA and EFL League Two teams of the year in 2020/21.

Boyle was appointed club captain early in the 2021/22 campaign after Ben Tozer’s departure and he helped Michael Duff’s team register the highest finish in the club’s history: 15th in the third tier.

Do we think Ikpeazu would be willing to drop a level? Sounds like Cardiff fans loved him, but Boro fans are willing to move on. 

He’s under contract, but feel like a player like that warrants the fee. An absolute monster to put up front would wreak havoc in L1. 

9 hours ago, jmb5310 said:

I’d certainty be excited by the prospect of  Longstaff and Ball playing alongside each other. 

9 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Huddersfield Town have emerged as the favourites to sign Cheltenham Town captain Will Boyle.

The left-footed defender becomes a free agent this summer after turning down the offer of a new contract at Whaddon Road.

Boyle, 26, has been the subject of interest from several Championship and League One clubs in recent months, including Sheffield Wednesday, Portsmouth and Oxford United.

He joined Cheltenham from Huddersfield in January 2017 and he now looks likely to return to his native West Yorkshire.

The Terriers, managed by Carlos Corberán, are one game away from returning to the Premier League, with a Championship play-off against Nottingham Forest at Wembley to look forward to next Sunday.

In his five-and-a-half seasons with the Robins, Boyle helped the club progress from League Two relegation battlers to title winners in 2020/21, having missed out in the play-off semi-finals the previous season.

He was named in both the PFA and EFL League Two teams of the year in 2020/21.

Boyle was appointed club captain early in the 2021/22 campaign after Ben Tozer’s departure and he helped Michael Duff’s team register the highest finish in the club’s history: 15th in the third tier.

Cheltenham to potentially the premier League...... that is a bit of a jump, so not sure about this rumour

However if he is originally local that might help us recruiting him, if he wants to move back north?

14 hours ago, stocksyuto said:

Is it true att  doesn’t have insta anymore? so that’s the main source of transfers gone then

He still has it, mate. Just deleted all the posts, presumably due to all the moronic Sheffield Wednesday fans that chose to abuse a 13 year old lad. You can still see any new accounts he follows. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheSlicer said:

He still has it, mate. Just deleted all the posts, presumably due to all the moronic Sheffield Wednesday fans that chose to abuse a 13 year old lad. You can still see any new accounts he follows. 

Why would you abuse a kid over something like that?

I actually really liked the fact that Att is interested in the club and checks out all of the signings before they come.

It makes it a bit less corporate in a way.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, room0035 said:

People main source of rumours is a 13 year old kids social media posts.

Dear god!

You say that but you you can’t complain at it. It was very reliable nearly every tine att added somebody they ended up signing 

personally I’m not on Instagram im

a dinasour in that respect but not too much to think

when young att starts adding players Wednesday are in for them so in that respect and you your post I’d say 

yeah, in the today’s world especially the last few years a main source of who is likely to sign as been a 13 year old 

s social media account 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheSlicer said:

It’s awful what people send on social media and that’s one reason I’m not on it. 

Wasn’t Att aged 13 in 2017? I forget how old he is now.  Wonder what age Chansiri will pass the club to his son to run as mentioned previously.