SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

43 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

We have one man injured and everyone's panicking. 

We won more when our strikers were injured last year anyway.

Knowing our luck we won’t see Smith before the Christmas fixtures. Gregory has a knock. Windass is strapped up. 

We needed another striker as an option from the bench ANYWAY. So we definitely need two in now I think.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, FlyingOwl said:

Potentially one we’ll regret as he’s a very talented CB. Simply can’t risk signing him as someone to cover Famewo’s injury though, considering his own injury issues.

good luck to him though 

You could tell he had a bit about him in the few appearances we saw. I wouldn’t of been against him coming back, certainly a very good signing for Bristol Rovers. 

I’m always of the opinion is that you deal with what your up against first, before starting to think about players who’d be good enough for the level above.

The side that was assembled the last time we got out of this league was a great example of this. Ryan Lowe, Rob Jones, Chris Lines and Chris O’Grady were all brought in to perform in League One, which ultimately they did. 

So on that basis, I’d not be upset if we went in for Cole Stockton. He’s obviously capable at this level and that’s in a side far inferior to ours.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Knowing our luck we won’t see Smith before the Christmas fixtures. Gregory has a knock. Windass is strapped up. 

We needed another striker as an option from the bench ANYWAY. So we definitely need two in now I think.

Think we always needed two attacking players in anyway, before injuries. 

Squad isn't balanced, 6 (7 if A.Hunt included) competing for 3 midfield places.

Only 3 competing for 2 attacking places (2 of which injured and the other with his knee strapped up).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, g-owls said:

I’m always of the opinion is that you deal with what your up against first, before starting to think about players who’d be good enough for the level above.

The side that was assembled the last time we got out of this league was a great example of this. Ryan Lowe, Rob Jones, Chris Lines and Chris O’Grady were all brought in to perform in League One, which ultimately they did. 

So on that basis, I’d not be upset if we went in for Cole Stockton. He’s obviously capable at this level and that’s in a side far inferior to ours.

Got to admit that was my thinking on Stockton. It’s very much horses for courses scenario 

However I don’t think we are thinking about him which I think is a shame as I think he could do a job for us

34 minutes ago, 0114 said:

The Rotherham reporter has funnily enough just tweeted this. Although unnamed a lot of Rotherham fans believe it to be Ashley Fletcher. 

584FC78E-BCB9-4762-9419-07C273F74260.jpeg

That’s very interesting,  we were after Fletcher before but he chose Watford.  I wouldn’t complain if we got him on loan as I think he’d do well in league 1. Potentially an upgrade on Berahino anyway 

Just now, bladeshater said:

Gregory Smith and Patterson do the same job we need a striker who can work the channels and as a bit of pace 

Paterson isn't a natural goalscorer.

Smith is injured and seemingly spent the last few months at Rotherham drugged up on injections in order to play.

Gregory is 33, and whilst still being a goalscorer and good forward in general, can we rely on him being fully fit, week in, week out for another demanding season?

• Like 1

Just now, Southie_Owl said:

That’s very interesting,  we were after Fletcher before but he chose Watford.  I wouldn’t complain if we got him on loan as I think he’d do well in league 1. Potentially an upgrade on Berahino anyway 

Yep. Monk was a big fan, signed him for Middlesbrough having also tried for him at Leeds previously. 

Always seemed a talented player, gone missing the last couple of years. I would suspect that if he’s moved on from signing for Rotherham that it is most likely a better Championship club. But with Watford set to sign Keinan Davis today it will interesting to see where Fletcher ends up. 

38 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

I'm not panicking, but Smith looks like he might be out for a while and Gregory looks like he's got an injury or isn't quite 100%. Some would argue we don't even have 1 CF fit given that as Windass is a midfielder/attacker, Sow a winger and Paterson a utility player who has only ever shown consistency at RB (like a poor man's Mel Sterland!) but can play up front or midfield. 

We will go into Saturday hoping Gregory is ok, but it's our slow start last year that ultimately meant we didn't achieve automatics

We got 10 points out of 12 in the first 4 games of last season without conceding!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, g-owls said:

Paterson isn't a natural goalscorer.

Smith is injured and seemingly spent the last few months at Rotherham drugged up on injections in order to play.

Gregory is 33, and whilst still being a goalscorer and good forward in general, can we rely on him being fully fit, week in, week out for another demanding season?

Where did you get info that Smith was having injections in order to play??

18 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Yep. Monk was a big fan, signed him for Middlesbrough having also tried for him at Leeds previously. 

Always seemed a talented player, gone missing the last couple of years. I would suspect that if he’s moved on from signing for Rotherham that it is most likely a better Championship club. But with Watford set to sign Keinan Davis today it will interesting to see where Fletcher ends up. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I have a really bad feeling about smith. Don’t know why but could see this being one like the Abdi signing, everyone thought he’s gonna be right up our street, but injuries and form goes and we hardly see him for 3 years !!

Really hope I’m wrong 

You are not alone there...3 years contact fills me with dread

• Like 2
  • Haha 1