SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

28 minutes ago, striker said:

Can't for the life of me understand why we would want to keep him. Strange. 

It is odd. From what Moore has said I’m not convinced they ever made an official offer. Probably just lots of talk in their media to try and put fans at ease that they’re trying to sign someone. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Miruic said:

It is odd. From what Moore has said I’m not convinced they ever made an official offer. Probably just lots of talk in their media to try and put fans at ease that they’re trying to sign someone. 

The offer thing is odd in itself. Think they were always after a free transfer. He cost us nothing, isn't going to play, so why would we hold out for a fee which may scupper a deal and continue to pay wages to a non playing player?

Or maybe, as you say they are just conducting PR to appease their fans.

On 07/08/2022 at 21:10, CalmJimmers said:

Just having a look at players in the last year of contracts at CB and CF. Could be tempted to cash in dem chips:-

CB

Lewis Gibson (22, Everton) - Here last year, know what he can do. Injuries though.

Matthew Pennington (27, Shrewsbury) - Plenty of League 1 and Championship experience. 15th in interceptions last year in L1.

Jack Fitzwater (24, Livingston) - In the top 10 for almost all the defensive stats last year in the Scottish Prem.

Macaulay Gillesphey (26, Plymouth) - Top 10 in tackles and 14th in clearances last year.

Jordan Thorniley (25, Blackpool) - Played here before, got promoted from L1 before. Can also play on the left if short.

Michael Rose (26, Coventry) - Plenty of L1 and Championship level. Not played for Coventry yet this season.

CF

Luke Jephcott (22, Plymouth) - A goal every three games last year in L1.

Paul Glatzel (21, Liverpool) - Involved in a goal every 3 games at Tranmere last year. They're prepared to loan him out again.

Ryan Hardie (25, Plymouth) - A goal every two games last year, finished with 16.

Has Gibson still not resigned at Everton? 

What's happened with Danny Batth has he gone anywhere

Also Att Chansiri is playing at the Wednesday Soccer camp and says he's not allowed to say the players we are signing, have to wait for his insta then 

22 minutes ago, striker said:

The offer thing is odd in itself. Think they were always after a free transfer. He cost us nothing, isn't going to play, so why would we hold out for a fee which may scupper a deal and continue to pay wages to a non playing player?

Or maybe, as you say they are just conducting PR to appease their fans.

Be something to do with the contract I’d guess.

If the new club were offering less wages then we would be liable to make up the difference I’d imagine unless Sow submitted a transfer request

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Be something to do with the contract I’d guess.

If the new club were offering less wages then we would be liable to make up the difference I’d imagine unless Sow submitted a transfer request

Yep, fair point, could be something like that. 

5 minutes ago, HendOwl said:

maybe we decided to hang on to him until we get a replacement in........................ and they got pee'd off waiting? 

Yes, probably going to play in the televised cup match tomorrow..... then get shipped out for £2m following his hat trick 

If Carlsberg did transfers

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mike Bassett said:

Former owls youngster Basille Zottos signs for Ossett United, think he's the third released young player to get fixed up after Waldock (Gainsborough Trinity) and Alex  Bonnington (Duke University). 

Interesting but all have gone a considerable way down the football pyramid. So much for our academy products and their potential.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

The transfer saga surrounding Sheffield Wednesday forward Sylla Sow might finally be coming to an end. Reports in the Netherlands have today suggested De Graafschap have ended their interest in Sow.

The Dutch second tier club have pushed hard to try and reach an agreement with the Owls over a deal to sign Sow on a permanent deal in the past three weeks. Peter Bijvelds, De Graafschap’s technical manager, has spoken publicly about pursuit of Sow and the club had hoped to complete the transfer last Friday.

Is it boot on the other foot - from the Wilks saga in that we are holding out for something that’s not realistic or that the other club aren’t willing to pay?

All I’ll say is swings and roundabouts.

6 hours ago, striker said:

Can't for the life of me understand why we would want to keep him. Strange. 

Presumably they want him on a free, the club are clinging to a hope they offer money.

If he is never gonna play then just get rid and save on the wages. Just a strange one all round considering Moore signed him last season then never played him.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Danny Wassell also signed for Ossett Utd earlier in the summer

Duke University?  That's a new one on me.  Googled the name and came up with a school in Durham, North Carolina

I'm sure in the past that we had the opportunity for released players to continue their careers in the US while studying, I think Jordan Lonchar was one who took up the offer. Good look to Alex if that's the route he's going down. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Presumably they want him on a free, the club are clinging to a hope they offer money.

If he is never gonna play then just get rid and save on the wages. Just a strange one all round considering Moore signed him last season then never played him.

Or more likely, they offered him lower wages than he is getting here and We don't want to pay him to leave the club.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Mike Bassett said:

I'm sure in the past that we had the opportunity for released players to continue their careers in the US while studying, I think Jordan Lonchar was one who took up the offer. Good look to Alex if that's the route he's going down. 

I see,  so it's more like a scholarship opportunity than an overseas transfer

And yes,  I recall Jordan Lonchar heading stateside.  Seemed a shame at the time as he was running more or less neck-and-neck

with young Hirsty.

Just seen Cheltenham getting hammered in cup, lost both league games so far aswell

surely Alfie May is wanting out of there,  I’d take him here I think he’s a goalscorer at this level 

Still think Gibson will be back by the end of the window. 

We could have ended the loan in January but kept him anyway even though his injury curtailed any realistic chance of playing. 

Leaves me believing Moore sees a lot in him. 

• Haha 1

Swansea City forward Kyle Joseph is close to making a loan switch to Oxford United
It is understood that the 20-year-old will spend the remainder of the 2022/23 campaign with the U’s.

Joseph was not involved in Swansea’s League Cup clash with the U’s last night as Liam Cullen was handed the chance to impress in this particular fixture.

• Thanks 1