SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Swansea City forward Kyle Joseph is close to making a loan switch to Oxford United
It is understood that the 20-year-old will spend the remainder of the 2022/23 campaign with the U’s.

Joseph was not involved in Swansea’s League Cup clash with the U’s last night as Liam Cullen was handed the chance to impress in this particular fixture.

Disappointed with this, right profile of player we should be looking for. 

A bit frustrated now, we need at least 2 new attacking players IMO. We've known that all summer and with a couple of weeks to go, no nearer getting players in it seems. 

Any player coming in now will need most of September to get 'volume', so that's a months worth of games missed. 

Our lack of forward options mirrors our defensive issues last season and will be the difference between promotion and play offs if we don't act.

Cannot go through a whole season with just 3 attacking players (no, Paterson and Sow, while still on the payroll, are not and never will be centre forwards)

Edited by striker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, striker said:

Disappointed with this, right profile of player we should be looking for. 

A bit frustrated now, we need at least 2 new attacking players IMO. We've known that all summer and with a couple of weeks to go, no nearer getting players in it seems. 

Any player coming in now will need most of September to get 'volume', so that's a months worth of games missed. 

Our lack of forward options mirrors our defensive issues last season and will be the difference between promotion and play offs if we don't act.

Cannot go through a whole season with just 3 attacking players (no, Paterson and Sow, while still on the payroll, are not and never will be centre forwards)

yep this . Top and bottom of it is Paterson and sow aren’t they strikers you want to be relying on to get us out of the division …. Well depends which way …

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Tommy Tinman said:

I fully agree with you Barnsleyowl , I think it's a case of save wages and get someone in last day of August,  when it's a last minute scramble,  and then a month to get up to speed , and how pathetic is it to lose out to Oxford 

366C7551-C0A1-44D0-9888-758CB334A2EB.gif

19 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Interesting but all have gone a considerable way down the football pyramid. So much for our academy products and their potential.

... whereas Korede Adedoyin scored again last night for Accrington while Conor Grant grabbed the winner for MK

Two of our former academy/PDL recruits whose career trajectories seem to be on the up   :mellow:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

... whereas Korede Adedoyin scored again last night for Accrington while Conor Grant grabbed the winner for MK

Two of our former academy/PDL recruits whose career trajectories seem to be on the up   :mellow:

It shows how we can get a bit obsessed with big name / higher level players. There’d have been murders on here if we’d gone into the season with Adedoyin as one of our main options and yet he’s playing regularly at this level for Accrington and scored 3 in 7 starts. Very early days for him of course.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paulrs said:

It shows how we can get a bit obsessed with big name / higher level players. There’d have been murders on here if we’d gone into the season with Adedoyin as one of our main options and yet he’s playing regularly at this level for Accrington and scored 3 in 7 starts. Very early days for him of course.

Not the easiest fan base to please, are we? 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paulrs said:

We could also add Devante Rodney to the list of former academy recruits who scored last night in the cup  (for Rochdale)

He's had a decent career in pro football since leaving us in January 2017,  albeit at lower league level

Other scorers last night included Chey Dunkley (with a late winner for Shrewsbury) and Elias Kachunga at Bolton

... but they don't count   :dry:

17 minutes ago, owls7 said:

I know it’s been said before but at this point in time George Hirst still hasn’t gone anywhere must be worth looking into if the chairman would allow it.

The Hirst situation baffles me. I’d have thought top league one / lower championship sides would be queuing up to sign him on loan after the way he ended last season. Maybe Leicester have decided he’ll never be good enough for them and just want a permanent deal to get him off the books. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, paulrs said:

The Hirst situation baffles me. I’d have thought top league one / lower championship sides would be queuing up to sign him on loan after the way he ended last season. Maybe Leicester have decided he’ll never be good enough for them and just want a permanent deal to get him off the books. 

Could be Leicester want a loan fee or a massive sell on. Or maybe young Hirst wants extortionate wages.

Why does everyone think if a player has been linked and they sign elsewhere, it means weve 'lost out' 

Clubs put the feelers out on LOADS of players, giving them a plan A B C D etc, finding the best deals. 

Him signing for Oxford tells me our interest obviously wasnt that strong, so move on. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

Could be Leicester want a loan fee or a massive sell on. Or maybe young Hirst wants extortionate wages.

True.

Whatever it is it seems very unlikely he has a future there. A very successful championship loan is probably the only way he’d persuade them he’s worth keeping.

I really liked what I saw of him last year but so long as we have Smith, Gregory and more importantly Chansiri at the club I can’t see us being interested. 

• Like 1